|Job Ref:||204611946||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Post Code:||CF10||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:07|
Construction Project Manager - Cardiff|
About the role
Capita are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to work closely with valued clients across South Wales, working on challenging projects across the Residential, Commercial and Public sectors. You will ideally have experience in high end residential commercial office fit out and higher education projects and we are looking for project managers who are interested in developing their career in these ever growing sectors. If you are approaching the end of your APC, or looking to grow your PM skills within a large FTSE 100 company, this is your chance!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing part of the Capita Property & infrastructure business where you will be based our Cardiff office, working with a tight knit team.
About Capita | Local Government, Health & Property
Capita Local Government Health & Property is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental management and transport sectors. We are also the market leader in strategic public-private partnerships with local government clients.
We have over 4,000 staff based in 60 UK & Ireland offices offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of size, complexity or sector.
What you will do:
As a Project Manager, you will expected to perform a broad range of duties including the following:
* Define the scope of the project in collaboration with the client and confirm the design brief
* Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities and gateways needed to successfully complete the project
* Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
* Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities and ensure a cost plan is prepared
* Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
Implement and manage the project
* Coordinate the tendering process from PQQ to contract award
* Execute the project according to the project plan
* Develop forms and records to document project activities
* Chair and administer project team meetings
* Coordinate the work of the client's consultants including designers and cost managers
* Monitor the progress of the project and manage a robust change control process.
* Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the client organization on the progress of the project
* Undertake value management exercises in collaboration with the client team and the contractor as appropriate
* Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
* Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
* Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
* Administer the contract in accordance with the client's requirements
* Establish and chair regular meetings between the contractor and consultant disciplines
* Validate payments and issue interim certificates throughout construction
* Manage and advise on testing and commissioning, defects and any extension of time claims
* Oversee the practical completion and handover at the end of a project
* Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Your experience will include:
* Demonstrable project management experience of working within either the private or public sector
* Knowledge of project management and contract forms including JCT and NEC
* Sound understanding of one or more of the following sectors; Commercial Developer, Residential, Corporate Occupier, Affordable Housing and Education.
* Competence in Project, Excel and standard software packages
* Construction related degree and / or evidence of (or working towards) a relevant professional qualification e.g. APM, CEng, ICE
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us