|Job Ref:||204611640||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WD5||Salary:||£50 - £55/annum package||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:05|
PROJECT QUANTITY SURVEYOR - MEDIUM SIZED CONTRACTOR - UPTO £55K + BENEFITS - HERTS |
Our client is a medium sized mixed main contractor operating in commercial, education, elderly care on both new build and refurbishment schemes. The business has been running successfully for many years because they're a business that focus on client relationships, quality and profit.
This staff orientated company is currently looking for someone that will fit in with their friendly culture to work on projects which may vary in size from 250k - 6m. The business currently has a £60m turnover and a good pipeline of work. Projects are normally based within a 50 mile radius of the head office.
* Ensure all team members understand project accountabilities and objectives.
* Regularly reviews project accountabilities.
* Regularly monitors project objectives facilitates a change in process where appropriate.
* Regularly reviews group CR policies and ensures project teams are updated.
* Liaises with client and project teams to maximise group CR policies and or opportunities.
* Demonstrates understanding of internal and external tender strategies / build up.
* Ensure Wates main contractual obligations and or strategies are executed and regularly reviewed.
* Agree and implement project strategies with all relevant parties.
* Agree external valuations / cash flow to maximise project value.
* Ensure all Wates subcontract management / process obligations are complete with particular reference to:-
* Measurement and valuation
* Contractual instructions / notices / orders
* Health and Safety
* Monthly MCR
* Procurement reports
* Agree and produce main and subcontract final
The ideal candidate should have:
* A degree in Quantity Surveying, working towards one or equivalent
* Ideally working towards RICS or CIOB qualification
* Demonstrable experience in construction (ideally 4 Years + experience)
* Experience working on Build Projects
* Should have knowledge/experience of considering construction costs, tendering & legal issues
* Cut and Carve experience desirable
* Strong interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, or would like to have a confidential chat regarding any other quantity surveyor roles within the commercial build sector, please contact Jen on (Apply online only) or email (url removed)