|Job Ref:||204611322||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||St Albans||Address:||Post Code:||AL1||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:03|
An opportunity has arisen that could be considered an exceptional opportunity for the right person. The company I am working with are a fairly new, established early 2015, developer who have a vast financial backing from a sister company. Being in such early stages of the company, people joining will be part of the core team and will have the opportunity to work closely with the Directors and become one of the "originals". |
The role the company are looking to fill is a New Land and Planning Manager. The majority of this role will task you with find viable land opportunities in London. Ideally these would be brownfield sites so planning is easier. You will also assist with the planning process and be an integral part of the projects actually happening. This role would be based in St Albans but it would also allow you to work in London in the future if desired or required. You will become a main point of contact between agents, land owners and local authorities.
As the company grows you will head up your Land & Planning department, taking over recruitment, training, management and other core duties. This role is perfect for someone who is hungry, visionary and feels they have the ability but are held back by not having the right amount of "years" experience under their belt.
More importantly that the exact skillset/experience is the person. This company are visionary and have aggressive growth plans. They are dynamic, fast paced and expect someone similar who shares the same vision. You will be an integral part of the business so you have to fit!!
• To head up department for sourcing & analysing of new sites without planning.
• Agree option and purchase agreements.
• Work with the Development Team to appraise development opportunities for approval pre and post site purchase.
• Promote the business to agents, landowners and financial institutions. Maintain a high profile with external property contacts and establish relationships with the main aim to extract new land/development opportunities.
• Maintain effective working relationships with local authorities, local agents, land owners and other developers within the divisional geographical area, in pursuit of opportunities for the company.
• Assist with site appraisals, ensure that acquisition proposals are presented, in an objective and professional manner, with required input from other departments before being presented to the Board of Directors.
• Manage a project portfolio at different stages of development, managing schemes at land/planning stages, through design and construction.
• Instruct and manage the planning application process from inception to completion in line with our strategic land plan.
• Ensure the right calibre of staff are recruited in line with the company's needs and policies as the company grows.
The Ideal candidate MUST have;
• Experience working within land acquisitions in London
• A good understanding or the planning process
This role is about securing the right person so the company are looking to pay what a person is worth. They do not have a bracket but they are experienced professional who know what value people are.
If you feel your experience suits the above requirements please send your CV to aaron@ashbrittle com. If your experience does not suit the above role but you work with in construction, please feel free to send your CV for consideration for future roles