|Job Ref:||204608672||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Norwich||Address:||Post Code:||NR3||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:06|
Location: Flexible (Eastern or Southern England)
Kier Highways are looking for an Environmental Manager to join the team. You will provide specialist environmental advice in support of on-going operations and new developments across Eastern and Southern England. The successful post-holder will be responsible for taking the lead in regards to environmental compliance across the Local Highways business, primarily focusing on highway NA of role:
* Promote Kier's vision and values to internal and external stakeholders, in particular for Safety, Health & Environment.
* Deliver continual environmental improvements across the Business Units.
* Provide specialist environmental support to Business Stream SHE Manager
* Assist with third party audits
* Provide support to the Business Stream to ensure it remains compliant with all environmental legislation
* Be accountable for the provision of accurate and timely environmental data
* Communicate environmental data to internal and external stakeholders as required
* Develop, implement and maintain Business Stream environmental performance leading and lagging key performance indicators (KPIs) and improvement programmes
* Monitor and review all environmental events ensuring all incidents and near misses are correctly reported, categorised and processed, and prior to incident close-out, ensure root causes for environmental events have been determined and any remedial actions closed out
* Ensure all environmental lessons learnt and other environmental High Value Learning Provide environmental support to SHE investigations as required by Kier Group SHE policies and procedures
* Promote Kier as a Company that leads the way in environmental excellence
* Responsible for developing and promoting innovation within the environmental sphere and sharing this within the business
* Ensuring that the Business Stream 'work winning' SHE team are kept up to date with case studies and best practice examples from the Business Units
* A degree (or working towards) in an environmental discipline or equivalent, or
* Chartered Environmentalist or a member of a relevant professional body (or demonstrable IPD/CPD equivalent), or
* Diploma in Environmental Management or similar
* Detailed understanding of environmental legislation
* Significant experience in a similar or supporting post
* Good oral and written communicator at all corporate levels
* Good training skills and ability for public speaking
* Ability to work as part of and/or lead a team
* Ability to work on own initiative and deliver key objectives
* Able to work under pressure
Kier Group plc is a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate (globally) across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities.
Employing 22,000 people, with a turnover of over £4bn and an order book of £9.5bn, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service (or asset management) contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer