|Job Ref:||203615695||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:57|
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Structures & Civils|
£competitive package offered
About Carey Group Structures Division
PJ Careys are a leading specialist contractor within the UK and Ireland providing civil engineering, construction, demolition, concrete frame and development services. We are in an exciting growth period in this team, currently undertaking a variety of large-scale projects with contract values ranging from £1m - £10m.
We are in an exciting growth period in our Structures Division - we are currently undertaking a variety of large-scale projects in Central London with impressive contract values - have very impressive growth plans for the Division throughout 2016/2017.
About our Senior QS Roles (Structures):
Reporting to the Area Surveyor, the post holder will take commercial and contractual control of a number of on-going Concrete Structures & Civils projects.
We are seeking an ambitious candidate who is not only a highly motivated team-player and relationship-builder - but a 'driver', who is actively seeking a robust Surveying opportunity with unlimited career progression and who can demonstrate the ability to pull both Senior and Junior teams together through collaborative working, as well as oversee other Surveyors.
• Managing costs on a wide variety of new building projects and structures
• Administer agreements between various parties on a traditional build basis as well as design and build
• Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
• Preparing early stage budgets and detailed cost plans
• Performing risk and value management and cost control
• Advising on procurement strategy
• Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
• Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
• Preparing and analysing costs for tenders
• Establishing and operating cost and financial control systems
• Allocating work to subcontractors
• Negotiating to ensure budgets are not exceeded
• Appoint and administer sub-contractor to carry out works including subsequent agreement of final account
• Providing advice on and producing contractual claims
• Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports
• Valuing completed work and arranging payments
• Developing knowledge relevant to contract conditions and their applications
• Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use
• Develop sub-contract enquiry documentation understanding the implications of health and safety regulations
• Day to day supervision of less experienced and trainee Surveyors
• Liaise with the Estimating and Buying departments as necessary
• Attend Client Meetings
• Attend Design and Value Engineering Meetings
• Attend sub-contractor meetings
• Produce periodic cost reports
• Liaise closely with Site Management team in respect of day to day matters
• Liaising with Clients / Employer's Agent / Quantity Surveyor and agree interim valuations and final accounts
• Ensure that interim valuations are submitted and paid on time•
You will be expected to hold an appropriate level of qualification, a degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering
• Relevant and up to date CSCS card and excellent Health & Safety knowledge
• RICS/CIOB accredited preferred, but not essential
• Outstanding management skills and attention to detail
• To communicate effectively and maintain working relationships with colleagues and clients
• Computer literacy: Microsoft Packages, Word, Excel, Outlook. COINS financial software or similar.
• Any other duties as may be required by the demands of the role.
PJ Careys are a company committed to providing an environment within which individuals can develop to build a strong career and as such have excellent levels of staff retention. We strongly encourage applications from individuals who are looking to build a long-term career with an employer who genuinely cares about staff development and job satisfaction.
*Carey Group PLC are proud to be an equal opportunities employer