|Job Ref:||204422730||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Wembley||Address:||Post Code:||HA9||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:58|
Quantity Surveyor - Drylining/Drywall/Plastering |
BDL Group is one of the largest specialist dry lining contractors in the UK with a turnover in the region of £50m and a workforce of around 600 skilled operatives. The company was established in 1977 and became part of the Carey Group in September 2013.
BDL's service, delivery and ability to repeatedly deliver the highest standards of quality, has helped to establish a strong reputation ensuring repeat business for a number of prestigious clients
The Surveyor will have the responsibility for all commercial aspects on projects especially income and expenditure to maximise profit margins.
• Preparation of Tender Summary identifying any savings or additional costs
• Production of information required for Job Number.
• Measurement of project to check quantities against tender allowances
• Preparation of material quantities and schedules, which should be forwarded to the Purchasing Department and construction personnel
• Monitor all site correspondence including letters, emails, progress reports, notice of delay, CVI's RFI's to ensure any additions to omissions to the contract sum are valued and recovered
• Checking of subcontractor payment sheets from approved booking in forms (incl. preparation where required)
• Monitoring payments against LVI and variation budgets
• Discuss and agree payments for all variations and non-recoverable
• Ensure we are properly valuing preliminaries, measured work, variations including recovery of additional preliminary costs/associated overheads and materials on site
• Prepare monthly CVR Report including an accurate internal valuation and materials on site at the month's end
• Prepare Income Forecast on monthly basis
• Prepare Preliminary Cost Analysis on monthly basis
• Relevant professional Quantity Surveying qualification degree level or equivalent
• Experience of working within the Drylining, Drywall or Plastering arena
• Working knowledge of MS office applications
• CSCS card
• Maths skills / numerically minded
• Industry experience and knowledge
Our company is full of passionate and capable people and we need like-minded professionals to join us in shaping our company into the future. Demonstrate your ability and progress your career, working with an employer who cares about the well-being and satisfaction of their staff, by submitting your CV and cover letter.
Carey Group PLC are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer