|Job Ref:||204408368||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Dagenham||Address:||Post Code:||RM9||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:13|
PROJECT MANAGER - T.E. SCUDDER |
Dagenham - East London
Thanks to a constant growth of our company we are currently looking for a dedicated Demolition Project Manager. If you are looking for the position within a reputable stable company and have relevant experience, it is YOU that we might be looking for.
At Careys - We Care
TE Scudder Ltd or Scudder as we are known in the industry has built a reputation for excellence over the past 85 years and is regarded as one of the UK's leading demolition contractors.
Working across all aspects of demolition, Scudder delivers works both directly to clients, acting as Principal Demolition Contractor, or works integrally with other divisions of the Carey Group on major construction projects.
We are passionate about delivering quality projects and client satisfaction; we will always deliver on our promises and ensure excellence in all that we do. The Carey Group is a successful business which continues to evolve and grow. This is possible because of the high calibre of staff we employ, the exemplary staff retention levels we hold, and our continuing investment in our people.
Thanks to our constant growth the opportunity has arose for a dedicated and motivated Demolition Project Manager to join our busy team.
Purpose of Role:
We are seeking Demolition Project Managers with clear leadership ability and an exceptional 'Teamwork Ethic' who are not only highly motivated to control the day-to-day functions on a project, but is a driver of 'The Carey Way' vision - who can see the bigger picture and can demonstrate the ability to pull our teams together through collaborative working.
You will be based on Demolition sites in London and across the South East of England and be responsible for the on-site management of a project or section of works, ensuring management in a safe and effective manner, on time and within budgets. You will have a clear understanding of the value of the contract and its durations to which you will ensure completion on time and within budget.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the inspirational leadership, management and motivation of our teams on our projects day to day, ensuring they are managed in a safe and effective manner, on time and within budget.
You will also be responsible for building exceptional, lasting Client and internal relationships, at all times leading by example in the drive beyond excellence - ensuring that projects completed on time, within budget and with a focus on exceptional standards of Health and Safety at the forefront.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Manage the productivity of the workforce under your Leadership
• Ensure that the site is managed within Company guidelines
• Record and monitor the quality of the works through progressive stages of the test and inspection plans; the objective being to produce a zero defect product (assisted by Site Supervisor or Engineer)
• Produce target construction programmes from available contract information
• Produce detailed short-term programmes for specific work areas
• To effectively manage the contract within agreed financial budgets
• Liaise with statutory authorities and coordinate the removal of existing supplies or the installation of new service supplies within the programme time constraints
• Produce a 'quality job, first time' ethos
• Encompass Company change, with a positive attitude and maintain this to all adversity using your experience to guide others to a satisfactory conclusion
• Ensure all clients' expectations are achieved and deliver on target or above target levels of customer satisfaction
• Undertake necessary training as and when required
• Develop and maintain a sound, professional working relationship with the Client and other influential individuals within or connected to your contract(s). Make regular contact including, but not limited to, attending relevant meetings, working groups, forums, etc
• Conduct yourself within the Company's core values and ensure that corporate brand guidelines are adhered to
• Ensure all works carried out comply with current Health & Safety and Environmental legislation, ensuring that all staff are aware of and receive training in all relevant H&S issues.
• Ensure all HR policies are followed
• To communicate any changes/updates directly with members of the site team
• Train and develop the contract staff to maximise their effectiveness. Manage your time effectively and efficiently
• Ensure objectives are set and performance is measured through appraisals, PDP's and regular reviews
• Challenge current practices to seek best practice and performance, be prepared to share information and past experiences
• Communicate any issues regarding delays to your Line Manager, Surveyor and Client
• Site staff absence management: holiday approval, leaving of site without approval, sick leave etc
Our company is full of passionate and capable people and we need like-minded professionals to join us in shaping our company into the future
If you and are keen to progress your career with an employer who cares about the well-being and satisfaction of their staff, please apply now to Rafal Ciacka, Recruitment Advisor at Carey Group PLC
Carey Group PLC are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer