|Job Ref:||204609904||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||-||City:||Saudi Arabia||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £45000/annum £ Excellent Package||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:58|
Project Manager (Radio Systems) (238jc) - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - Excellent Package.|
My client, who is a major telecoms provider, is now seeking a Project Manager (Radio Systems) for their operations in Saudi Arabia, you will be reporting to the Senior Programme Manager (Deployed Systems)
Your primary objectives and functions will include:
• Primary responsibility for the project lifecycle from concept development, selection, design, delivery and implementation, system integration, testing and customer acceptance for radio systems projects to the Saudi Arabian National Guard.
• Responsible for the project capture and definition of all new business opportunities in order to deliver annual business targets and margin within the deployable systems portfolio area.
• Responsible for the development, management and coordination of supplier selection process to deliver quality and effective outputs in support of the customer requirements.
• Responsible for the development, management, coordination and delivery of deployable systems projects ensuring that all project outputs are delivered within cost, time and quality metrics.
• Responsible to the Programme Manager for fulfilling the contractual responsibilities for the assigned projects and as covered by the terms and conditions of the Contract.
• Ensure the successful completion of assigned projects in relation to performance, cost and delivery timescale.
• Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure effective management and execution of all assigned projects.
• Manage customer expectations through clear baseline specifications, accurate reporting and capturing variations through the project change control procedures.
Therefore your duties and responsibilities will include:
The Programme team is the primary interface to the customer (UK MOD and SANG) for all project activities and is responsible for creating and delivering through-life, value for money solutions at minimal risk to the Company.
In addition to the primary objectives and functions, the following tasks shall be conducted on a regular basis:
• Work with the customer to fully understand customer requirements in order to deliver project outputs.
• Provide regular weekly project highlight reports to Deployed System Programme Manager; manage project exceptions throughout the project lifecycle.
• Manage all projects in accordance with agreed plans and schedule throughout the project lifecycle.
• Manage and coordinate the company's acquisition process in order to deliver annual order intake targets as allocated.
• Manage project resources to ensure all project documentation is produced in accordance to plans and quality, in particular SOR, SOW, ITT, CTP, ILS, ATP, SDD.
• Manage, coordinate and produce outputs for all project reviews including gate reviews, design reviews, project risk and planning reviews as a minimum.
• Support the Programme Manager in the production of customer reports including weekly Technical Committee, monthly programme delivery working group and quarterly reports.
• Ensure risks are defined, maintained, reported and mitigation plans are followed to reduce project risk and exploit opportunities.
• Produce, maintain and implement project management plans including schedules, documentation, configuration control and risk management.
• Ensure all projects follow thorough testing and acceptance practices in order to ensure project outputs meet requirements and standards as agreed with the customer.
• Capture and produce lessons throughout the project lifecycle in order to improve company processes and procedures.
• Coordinate with department / functional heads, resource owners and PMO to ensure sufficient resources are allocated to meet project plans.
• Coordinate with the finance department for all financial aspects of assigned projects.
• Coordinate with the commercial department for all commercial and contractual aspects of assigned projects.
• Coordinate with the quality department to ensure all aspects of project quality are delivered in accordance with defined standards.
• Coordinate with training specialist and Managed Services training staff for the design, testing, acceptance and documentation in support of training projects.
• Where required, coordinate with Managed Services for the delivery and handover of projects on the requirements for Transition, Quality Assurance and Acceptance Testing.
• Anticipate and proactively to manage all project activities, milestones and financial targets.
• Develop effective working relationships and trust with the customer and sub-contractors.
• Act decisively and communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
• Adopt a disciplined approach to ensure effective project planning and control.
• Apply the company's lifecycle management to all assigned projects.
• Update project databases, risk registers and documentation as required for the projects assigned.
Contact with Others (Internal/External/Meetings):
The PM is an essential representational role for the company. The post-holder will be expected to manage effective business relationships with a wide stakeholder group including officers from the SANG and the UK MOD, together with international suppliers and sub-contractors at senior management level.
Internally: Daily contact with project personnel, including supporting departments.
Weekly project and programme meetings.
Regular contact at all other levels within GPT.
Externally: Regular contact with UK MoD project personnel.
Weekly and monthly project progress reviews.
Potential high level of contact with the SANG personnel.
Regular daily contact with supplier and sub-contractors.
Judgement/Decision Making Authority (Specific Responsibilities):
Empowered to commit the company within appropriate delegated financial limits.
Recruitment Specification (Knowledge & Experience):
• A minimum of 5 years relevant project management experience.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
• Detailed technical understanding and experience of TETRA and GSM technologies and project implementation.
• Proven track record of delivering successful radio network projects.
• Must hold a recognised Project Management qualification (PRINCE2, APMP).
• Excellent communications skills and be highly computer literate in the range of MS Office products.
• Demonstrable record of effective liaison and communication with customers and suppliers.
• Possess a valid driving license from country of origin.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Must be fluent in English.
• An understanding and experience in the other radio communications systems, such as microwave, satellite, etc.
• Sound knowledge and experience of managing budgets and resources.
• Sound understanding of project management and commercial practices.
• Experience of working in the Middle East (preferably Saudi Arabia) desirable.
As this role is based in Saudi Arabia, candidates must meet all of the minimum qualifications as they are not bound by UK or EU Laws, also only individuals up to the age of 55 will be considered for any of these roles.
In return they are offering an excellent salary and benefits package for accompanied or unaccompanied personnel and of course the benefits package will be UK Tax Free, and due to the nature of this role, it is only open to UK and Saudi Nationals only.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on (Apply online only) Ext 1.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY