|Job Ref:||204615134||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:23|
With 180,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2015 global revenues of EUR 11.9 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
What the Digital Customer Experience (DCX) Practice does
The Financial Services Digital Customer Experience Practice is a globally distributed 2500+ people organization, which focuses on helping our Financial Services clients deliver a
superior experience to their customers, prospects and staff.
In our vision customer experience bridges the gap between businesses and consumers goals, and "determine whether companies thrive and profit, or struggle and fade". It is ultimately delivered by people, processes and digital technologies which allow for improved sales and services, sales force efficiency, reduced costs and higher speed to value.
Our clients and business partners are not only Banks and Insurance companies entering in the Digital Era, they are also FinTech firms combining mobile and blockchain technologies to build future internet based financial ecosystems.
We are engaged from idea origination all the way through digital strategy and system implementation and contribute the Capgemini Applied Innovation Exchange to design innovative solutions for our clients, and partner with the world leading digital transformation technology vendors, to build intelligent, adaptive, componentized IT platforms, combining new technologies with mobile front ends, business process management, customer relationship management, marketing and sales automation as well as content management.
Main Purpose of Role
Capgemini Financial Services requires an experienced Solution Architect, with Technical delivery and pre-sales skills in the area of Digital Transformation Services (DTS) applied to
Financial Services business situations.
The person will apply his/her hands-on Banking, Insurance, Capital Market industry expertise, to help our clients deliver solutions for their customers, leading to superior sales and service experience via mobile interactions, and help their staff collaborate efficiently from the front to the back office. The candidate will be able to engage with senior business and IT stakeholders and articulate designs, frameworks, and reference models to feed into strategic business and technology change solutions. He/She will be part of agile delivery teams and will drive proof of concepts, project streams or large digital transformation programmes.
The range of activities that the Solution Architect will get involved in includes:
• Front End and Mobile application design involving user experience, responsive user interfaces and end to end integration.
• Delivery of Conceptual, Logical, and Physical architecture Artefacts, and leadership of software development teams.
• Definition of programme roadmaps based on business and technology prioritisation.
• Selection of technical solution capabilities and frameworks to meet business needs.
• Business Case and Cost Justification of the development of Informational Systems.
• Presales - Providing technical input and meeting with clients to secure new business.
• Responding to client RFI, RFP and ITT documents including cost estimates and follow activities to secure new business.
• Building demonstrations and proof of concepts, capturing best practices from engagements, building reusable assets.
• Providing architectural response to technical issues .
• Support of wider Solution Architecture methodologies and template design for documents and solutions.
Skills and Experience needed Person Profile:
• Comprehensive experience in the Information Technology industry with recent experience of client facing Solution Architecture development of varied digital projects (e.g. Integration, Bespoke, COTS, Cloud, etc.)
• A strong academic track record including the achievement of a good honours degree or equivalent
• Experience of working within the consulting industry
• A track record of delivering Solution Architecture designs and end user implementations
• Comfortable liaising with senior client personnel to establish designs and discuss potential development strategies
• Able to interpret business requirements in terms of solution architecture, solution technology and design
• Excellent communication skills - interviewing, preparation and delivery of presentations and reports
• Interested in and capable of expanding capabilities into varied areas of Architecture
• Eager to learn and maintain his professional set of certifications.
Technical and Consulting Skills (not limited to):
• Hands on experience in OOAD, technical architecture definition, and working knowledge of varied frontend, middleware, and backend technologies and frameworks.
• Experience of enterprise scale solution architecture delivery.
• Experience in varied Applications, Data/Information, System Integration projects, and Infrastructure projects.
• Experience with Agile methodology like Scrum and onshore-offshore delivery model.
• Experience with client facing management role at onsite/offshore.
• Experience with project estimation, planning, scheduling, risks/issues identification.
• Experience in business development activities like proposal response, solution building, client presentation.
• Experience of consulting led and relationship led selling a must; business winners required.
• Experience in projects with offshore resources.
Preferred to Have
TOGAF, IAF or other recognised industry leading solution architecture certification, with 10+ years of credible Architecture & Solution Design experience
Location and travel
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles will involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer an excellent remuneration package to include flexible benefits and bonus dependent on the candidate's competency, skills and level of expertise.
Proof of right to work in the UK In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please contact us if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.