|Job Ref:||204614730||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£28000 - £31000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:16|
A Business Systems Analyst is required to work for a highly recognised and reputable company in Peterborough.|
The successful candidate will manage day to day business applications and reporting suite to enable the business to drive efficiencies.
As the Business Systems Analyst you will develop and implement processes which ensure that reporting is accessible, accurate and efficiently produced for the benefit of the internal customer base.
Core responsibilities of the successful Business Systems Analyst;
- To undertake general house-keeping including back-up analysis - of the business applications, in line with best practice and maintaining interfaces.
- To determine where faults exist and prioritise fixes accordingly.
- To plan and undertake approved application upgrades, working closely with third parties.
- Working with end users to analyse and recommend improvements to business processes in order to drive business efficiencies.
- To maintain the suite of documentation to ensure that Standard Operating Procedures are fit for purpose ensuring continuous improvement.
- To follow the established change control disciplines.
- To ensure that the day to day business applications function effectively and efficiently day to day during core hours, with minimal downtime.
The successful Business Systems Analyst will have the following skills and attributes;
Knowledge and experience of SQL database design and architecture.
Knowledge and experience of working with reporting toolse.g. especially SSRS.
Understanding of bespoke solutions and third party software development.
Experience of setting up and maintaining interfaces between different applications.
A track record of improving application systems/work flows and processes delivering results and complying with change control processes.
Knowledge and experience of implementing and maintaining applications within a business environment.
Proven experience of producing and maintaining system documentation.
Ability to interpret relevant information, analyse complex data, review alternative solutions and come to well informed conclusions.
Ability to communicate (written and verbal) clearly and concisely with users at all levels both internally and externally documenting instructions/operating procedures.
Database Administration, design, updating and amending existing databases.
Ability to actively listen to and work with, influence and negotiate with end users in order to affect change.
Ability to analyse complex business processes and suggest improvements.
Ability to analyse and interpret user and business needs.
Ability to write clear, jargon-free reports, procedures and training guides.
High analytical and problem solving skills.
Salary for the Business Systems Analyst is 28,000 to 31,000