|Job Ref:||204614565||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Redhill||Address:||Post Code:||B49||Salary:||£50000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:16|
IT Systems Consultant|
Based in Redhill
Salary - £50k
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an IT Systems Consultant to join a well-established, insurance market leader who offer a progressive and supportive environment to work in. As the successful you will be required to work within the Healthcare IT Team. This role encompasses the development and support of the core Healthcare systems solutions as well line management of other systems consultants. You will have practical working knowledge of the technologies and software frameworks used within the organisation. You will be a thought leader for the team with a continuous eye for improvement, ability to architect solutions and leadership ability.
* In partnership with your line manager, provide day to day management of a small team of Systems Consultants (both permanent and temporary).
* Administer system development lifecycle (SDL) tools and facilities relevant to our client (with a view to continuous improvement). Provide regular progress reports to your manager.
* Assist project managers in determining team availability and scheduled commitment to projects (whilst this role is not aimed specifically at project management, the job holder is responsible for ensuring good SDL tools and behaviours are employed to manage state and priority of work).
* Provide coaching and mentoring to more junior roles (helping determine personal development plans for permanent systems consultants).
* Adhere to Company and Departmental standards
* Troubleshooting, i.e. investigation and resolution of problems reported by users.
* Ability to present business and technical concepts to both technical and non-technical groups
* Programming and capture/definition of requirements for program fixes and system enhancements (systems analysis).
* Programming to be in relevant languages as appropriate. Unit testing, system testing and user training to be undertaken, including assistance during user acceptance testing.
* Assist in the provision of estimates for fixes/enhancements as requested by IT Management.
* Ensure that all work undertaken has been correctly documented with appropriate authorisations in place before putting the fix/enhancement forward for application to the 'live' environment - A solid adherence to prevailing Change Management methods.
* Any other duties requested by Management.
* Relevant programming skills. Knowledge of programming and database technologies; XML, Database technologies, Mendix, (url removed) and C#
* Understanding of development best practice in terms of coding standards, security, accessibility and usability
* Solid application and database design skills
* Ability to write well-structured and commented programs.
Degree level qualification is preferred; however relevant business and/or technical experience would represent an acceptable equivalent.
Experience of Leading an Information Technology team in a varied solution environment (Any expertise in "Agile" techniques and methods a distinct advantage) Delivering solutions on technologies (at least one) from the following (demonstrable expertise) list:
Mendix application development framework
.Net solutions (specifically C# and contemporary digital solution frameworks such as (url removed), MVC, Linq, etc)
Sitecore (Development and Management)
Experience and expertise in leveraging Sitecore experience platform and personalisation an advantage Staffplan (Within the care industry)
The successful engagement with end users and product owners to drive out requirements and solutions.
Managing change in a corporate environment.
If you are determined and dedicated Systems Consultant, then this vacancy could be the key to unlocking a great career with real potential.
About Morgan Jones:
This role is being handled by Morgan Jones Recruitment Consultants. We have been established as a quality recruitment business for over 15 years with a reputation for fair and equal representation. We see each applicant as an individual and will treat you accordingly. We would love to talk to you to give you more information about our client and discuss the role.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on (Apply online only) for a confidential chat about upcoming NA Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest.
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion