|Job Ref:||204614531||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||HA0 1ER||Address:||Salary:||£60000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:16|
Head of Project - Production Manager|
My client, a leading international technology provider based in Wembley, requires an experienced Head of Project - Production Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate must have at least 5 years relevant experience.
It is a full time role, working from 9h00 - 17h00
The salary is circa £60k per annum.
To have responsibility for the overall management of the FI Project and Product Management team and provide technical and project management support within the company.
To monitor and coordinate the realisation of technical projects assigned to team members for the Payment and Transit sectors.
To provide Sales support for tender responses by analysing the products and technical requirements, defining and describing concepts and solutions.
To ensure that the company's Payment product offering is in line with UK market requirements.
To provide technical sales support at a product level, input to the future product development at Group level and to work directly with customers developing business plans to ensure product adoption.
All of the above objectives are to be completed striving at all times for Quality, Trust and Security - Creating Confidence.
Areas of Responsibility:
Management of the Project and Product Management team:
• Assign and prioritise work for the FI Project/Product Management team
• Manage and co-ordinate overall project activity assigned to team
• Ensure that all QA, security and departmental documents and
procedures are correctly distributed and followed
• Investigate, report and problem solve any issues relating to the team.
• Participate in inter-departmental meetings
• Implement/monitor departmental strategic tasks
• Management of personnel including annual appraisals, salary reviews,
motivation and disciplinary actions
• Analyse and oversee training needs for individual team members
Environmental and Health & Safety
Project & Product Management:
• Define the company's product portfolio and corresponding value
chains for the UK market. Align the portfolio to the strategy directives
and implementing it with the product lifecycle model (PLM)
• Provide first level product / technical support to local sales, acting as an
ambassador for the company's products, solutions and processes
• Carry out competitor analysis, with the focus on the assessment of the
product portfolio, market analyses and the systematic determination of
customer requirements and market trends
• Work with the Sales and Project/Product Management teams to define
customer specific product requirements, technical solutions and trails
• Introduce new products and business ideas to customers and working
with them to develop business cases to ensure adoption
• Build relationship networks on a product level with customers to
understand their procedures for approvals and future requirements
• Understand the Payment market evolution from a technical and
product point of view
• Prepare technical responses for inclusion in tender documents and any
other customer information requests
• Prepare and conducting presentations and demonstrations, to
customers, prospective clients, public seminars or gatherings
• Manage development projects for new products together with product
and project management teams
• Initiate, plan and manage specific product introductions to the
company and the local market
• Provide technical content of business cases and get final commitment
from Sales with respect to product requirements, roadmaps and
Competencies required for the Job:
Very good understanding EMV standards and specifications for Smart Cards, NFC/RFID, DUAL Interface (Contact and Contactless card interface), etc.
Very good knowledge of cryptography and communication protocols
Knowledge and experience of UK Payment and Transit products and variants, card configurations and profiles
Knowledge of the EMV product processes, from masking to type approval
Skilled in solution design
Prince 2 project management qualification or equivalent
Expertise in applications such as PowerPoint, Microsoft Projects, Visio, Word and Excel, etc.
Very good communication and presentational skills
Be able to explain technical issues clearly, to technical and non-technical staff
Change management skills
Project management skills