|Job Ref:||204613929||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Winchester||Address:||Post Code:||SO23||Salary:||£413 - £515/day||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:25|
Enterprise Architect needed in Winchester Ref 216745 paying £413.32 - 515 per day.|
Hours - 9am - 5.30pm
The roles require the job holder to work with a team of highly skilled team of consultants within our Solutions Design team. The role will require establishing standards and acting as a Technical Lead and point of escalation throughout project delivery and producing costed options and proposals.
- Design conceptual, logical and physical infrastructure viewpoints aligned against target technical direction to support business needs ensuring compliance with relevant technical, architectural and operational standards e.g. PSN, ISO27001 and PCI policies.
- Define the Infrastructure Domain, including the computing hardware systems required to support the business: o Platforms & Servers (e.g., high-end servers and midrange to small servers, the use of cloud etc); o Storage systems; o Personal computing devices (desktops, notebooks, and hand-held computing devices); and o Other hardware (e.g., printers).
- Direct solution and technical designers in the definition of operating systems, configurations, network and device-to-device interfaces, as well as selected peripherals.
- Act as technical escalation point for team members and wider IT services staff and groups.
- Approve/recommend major IT purchasing decisions.
- Act as key specialist advisor to Lead IT architect and Head of Infrastructure, feeding into the maintenance of an as-is and target architecture with associated technology roadmap, and identify capability gaps
- Support Lead IT Architect define the framework for what constitutes an IT service and the management of an IT Service Catalogue. Subsequently support the creation and management of the IT Service Catalogue.
- Maintain deep technical design and implementation knowledge of current infrastructure.
- Educate the business on updated technical standards and designs that have to be adhered to
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on a range of projects, proposals and business cases, working with senior staff, Project Managers and Business Analysts, responsible for the creation and delivery of: o Technical guidance and advice through all project phases o Fully costed solution architecture options at proposal and business case stage, as well as information and advice for early project design stages o Producing end-to-end technical infrastructure designs and cost models. o Statement of works setting clear expectations of deliverables and exclusions o Business cases and tender documentation for new works o Technical leadership and escalation for solution designs through to delivery.
- Take technical leadership role for large, complex IT projects and operational developments, with budgets up to and exceeding £1M.
- Build productive relationships with key suppliers to ensure delivery of projects and solutions.
- Build strong working relationships with technical staff acting as an ambassador for architectural changes and mentoring staff on new technologies and approaches during project delivery.
- Apply strategic solutions during design and project delivery to ensure that key IT platforms are available 24/7/365.
- Identifying opportunities for rationalisation and improving the efficiency of platform systems throughout project delivery working with BAU and operational teams.
- Identifying opportunities for automating and streamlining technical BAU activities throughout project delivery working with BAU and operational teams.
Essential Qualifications Either:
- A degree and / or formal industry recognised qualifications
- 5+ yrs experience in a senior technical role in an enterprise IT Environment Desirable Qualifications
- Windows MCSE, MCSD or equivalent.
- Citrix CCP-V/N
- Citrix CCE-V/N.
- Cisco CCNA.
- TOGAF 9.1
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Significant experience of IT architecture & design, with Cloud based components.
- Ability to work with complex and sometimes uncertain requirements.
- Proven delivery of significant service or services, or new technology that made a demonstrable contribution to organisational/customer aims, objectives, strategy, & vision.
- Demonstrable ability of working at a senior level with colleagues and senior management teams within an IT environment and across business functions.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills at senior manager level both inside an IT team and across business functions.
- Proven experience of handling multiple tasks running concurrently with varying complexity, time constraints, impacts and risks.
- Evidence of a good understanding across a broad range of technical IT areas with very detailed understanding in one or more of the following: Windows Server 2008/2012, VMWare, Citrix XenServer, Citrix Netscaler, Cisco/Dell/Extreme Networking, Checkpoint, Avaya, Wireless and Infrastructure security.
- Strong ability to lead and/or manage both people and technical delivery (e.g. conducting performance reviews, setting objectives, development, motivation and dealing with difficult situations).
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience Familiarity with elements of HCC's key technology stack
- Citrix XenServer, XenDesktop, Netscaler
- Windows Server 2008+ (inc. all server roles and features)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- VMWare ESXi 5+
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Exchange up to and including 2010
- App V
- IP Telephony
- Cloud IaaS and SaaS.
- CheckPoint Firewalls.
- Familiarity with TOGAF framework.
Essential Employment are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment are an
Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please email your CV to verity quoting the above reference number so we can locate the job ok.
All our roles may be subject to pre employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at twitter/facebook/linkedin or via our website