|Job Ref:||204613304||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||North West/ Lancs||Address:||Salary:||£250 - £275/day||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:25|
IT Engineer CCNA |
This is a 3+ months contract for a leading blue chip client. £250 - £275 per day - Based in the North West/Lancashire.
Potential candidates should have at least 5-7 years of hands-on core infrastructure experience with strong Networking (preferably Cisco) experience. Also required is Implementation/business as usual skills for WinTel products, VMware ESX v4 through to v5.5 and VSphere, and experience with SANs. Some IT certifications i.e. MCSE, CCNA, VCP are essential.
• Significant & demonstrable corporate experience of dealing with IT related support queries from a wide range of business customers via ticketing systems.
• Significant & demonstrable corporate experience of active directory and group policy.
• Significant & demonstrable experience of Microsoft server web (IIS) and Database (SQL) technologies.
• Significant & demonstrable corporate experience of developing and supporting server infrastructure or equivalent role experience.
• Experience of supporting / troubleshooting Microsoft network operating systems (such as Windows 2003, Windows 2008 & Windows Server 2012, R2 variants inclusive).
• Experience of supporting / troubleshooting infrastructure management application suites from Symantec, McAfee, or Microsoft such as Backup Exec, Veeam and EPO.
• A detailed understanding of LAN & WAN networking concepts.
• Experience of working in a customer facing environment dealing with IT related support queries from a wide range of business customers.
• Experience of delivering IT projects within agreed timelines
• Experience of a VMware environment and knowledge of the steps involved in modernising and upgrading legacy systems
• Flexible and open to business change
• Integrity within the role and in all aspects of working relationships
• Write, review & update documentation and procedures
• Knowledge of ITIL processes
• Legacy systems AS400 programming/support experience
• Knowledge of diverse database systems
• Highly resilient infrastructure implementations
• VPN Technologies, such as Direct Access
• Managed Print Solutions (e.g. Canon)
• MS SCOM, MS SCCM, LanSweeper
• Cisco Call Manager Experience
• Experience of ITIL working practises
• Microsoft Accreditations
• Good written communication and documentation skills (Word, Visio, PowerPoint etc.)
• Demonstrable SOP's and Tech notes
• Presentation of clear and concise updates, solutions and technical analysis to internal functions and external departments
• Good presentation skills, to a mixed level audience
• Ability to present written and verbal business cases for IT advances as required
• Good time management skills and not a clock-watcher
Dell EqualLogic SANs, Cisco Switches