|Job Ref:||204613259||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:18|
With 180,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2015 global revenues of EUR 11.9 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
What the Digital Customer Experience (DCX) Practice does
The Financial Services Digital Customer Experience Practice is a globally distributed 2500+ people organization, which focuses on helping our Financial Services clients deliver a
superior experience to their customers, prospects and staff.
In our vision customer experience bridges the gap between businesses and consumers goals, and "determine whether companies thrive and profit, or struggle and fade". It is ultimately delivered by people, processes and digital technologies which allow for improved sales and services, sales force efficiency, reduced costs and higher speed to value.
Our clients and business partners are not only Banks and Insurance companies entering in the Digital Era, they are also FinTech firms combining mobile and blockchain technologies to build future internet based financial ecosystems. We are engaged from idea origination all the way through digital strategy and system implementation and contribute the
Capgemini Applied Innovation Exchange to design innovative solutions for our clients, and partner with the world leading digital transformation technology vendors, to build intelligent, adaptive, componentized IT platforms, combining new technologies with mobile front ends, business process management, customer relationship management, marketing and sales automation as well as content management.
Main Purpose of Role
Capgemini Financial Services are looking for Lead Java Developers who will be responsible to create solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces.
You will work closely with Capgemini colleagues and clients, as a member of the Software engineering team typically within or associated with a consulting or delivery engagement.
You should have strong skills with Core Java Development using Core Java Components(JDK) Multi Threading(preferred), Collections, Design Patterns, Database, SQL, etc.
• To define objectives by analysing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
• Lead a team of Java Developers
• To design and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and feature priorities throughout the development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
• To integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
• To create multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
• To complete application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
• To develop comprehensive documentation and assistance tools.
• To update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
• Be a contributor to the creation of best practices through the identification of reusable project-level assets.
• Undertakes feasibility study to design software solutions.
• Writes and codes individual programs according to specifications.
Skills and Experience needed
• Proven experience with Core Java Development
• Proven experience of leading and managing teams
• Candidates with good understanding of Application, Information, and Integration Implementation.
• Should have strong background/experience working with financial services clients.
• Prefer extensive experience in the following areas:
• Core Java (Version 7 preferred, version 5 essential), Multithreading, Concurrency, Collections, etc
• Web Frameworks (Struts 2, Apache Tiles, Spring, Hibernate)
• Spring Modules (IoC, AOP, Transactions, MVC, Webflow, Security, Web Services, Integration), Struts, Mulesoft
• Java EE/J2EE Technologies (JSF, JSP, Servlet, JMS, EJB, JPA, JTA)
• RDBMS (PL/SQL, Oracle DB)
• Design Patterns (J2EE, GOF)
• Design Approaches and principles (DDD, SOLID, GRASP)
• Application Server (Weblogic, Websphere, Glassfish, JBoss, Apache)
• Mobile applications and frameworks (e.g. Kony)
• Others (XML, UML)
• Experience of developing Enterprise Integration solutions using at least one of the following technology stacks:
• IBM Web Sphere (Message broker, Web Sphere MQ, Portal, ESB, Process Server, Data Power)
• Oracle Fusion Middleware (WebLogic Integration, WebCentre, Oracle ESB, Oracle BPM, BAM)
• A demonstrable Java EE/J2EE background is essential as a significant proportion of the projects will be focused around the delivery of enterprise solutions
• Agile development practices are essential (CI, TDD, BDD, etc)
• Object Oriented Analysis and Design skills are essential
• UML skills are essential
• Ability to design/develop sensible, simple solutions to complex problems
• Excellent knowledge of software design patterns and when to apply them
• Commercial awareness, including ability to recognise commercial and technical risk
• Excellent communication skills with proven ability to deliver innovative, but realistic solutions to complex client problems
• Proficient at communicating complex technical issues to both business and technical audiences
• Fully flexible approach to working hours and working away from home during the week. Willing to work both nationally and internationally
• Qualified to degree level
• Experience of Service Oriented Architecture
• Experience of technologies such as BPEL, Rules Engine etc
• Experience of application server administration, clustering, deployment, Continuous Integration etc
• Experience of any UI toolkits like Google UI Kit or Yahoo UI library
• Significant consulting experience within major consultancy or SI organization
Experience working with Banking, Financial Services, Capital Markets, Industry/Domain
Location and travel
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles will involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer an excellent remuneration package to include flexible benefits and bonus dependent on the candidate's competency, skills and level of expertise.
Proof of right to work in the UK In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please contact us if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process