|Job Ref:||204613026||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wigan||Address:||Post Code:||WN3||Salary:||£23000 - £26000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:25|
Application Support Engineer|
Our client is a leading online and retail business that continues to grow at a phenomenal rate both in the UK & internationally. Down to growth an excellent opportunity has arisen within the IT Support team for a 2nd Line Application Support Engineer. This role is fundamental to the day-day operations of the business.
You will be responsible for supporting all applications used across the business, liaising with 3rd parties where relevant, reacting to live incident escalations, as well as providing 2st Line technical support & user assistance by phone, email or in person.
Day to day responsibilities:
* Progressing issues/ incidents that have been escalated from 1st line support.
* Liaising with 3rd party customers/ suppliers to ensure effective resolution of support calls.
* Escalate and liaise with 3rd line support teams, and other IT departments where necessary.
* Take ownership of high priority live issues and manage through to completion, in line with Incident Management Process.
* Assist with the day-to-day pro-active monitoring and respond to alerts from our management system.
* Ensure all IT policies and procedures are followed
* Overflow management of 1st line issues, dealing with customer enquiries, incidents and service requests.
* Manage/ participate in departmental projects when requested, and presenting findings to the team/ Management.
* Solid background/ knowledge of Windows 7/8/10, MS Office 10/13/365, Exchange & Active Directory.
* Basic knowledge of DNS/ DHCP.
* Previous experience with HP Data Protector Manager and NetBackup.
* Basic knowledge & experience of Windows Server 2003/08/12 and VMware advantageous.
* Operated in an environment where Change Control is strictly adhered to.
* Previous experience on a busy, fast-paced IT Helpdesk preferable.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent stakeholder management and customer facing skills