|Job Ref:||204612910||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:25|
New exciting FIXED TERM Applications Engineer opportunity based in Cambridge!!! As we are currently expanding our ICT team we are looking for a confident Applications Engineer for an initial 6 months fixed term contract, there is however potential the role will be extended.
Purpose of the role:
As the Applications Engineer, you will be key member of a team to respond to application faults around the business. The Applications Engineer is a new role, and will provide support around the business to identify and rectify faults, and be responsive to application faults as soon as they arise.
Key responsibilities and duties:
* Respond to ICT incidents, requests raised by the ICT Service Desk
* Support, maintain, patch and upgrade applications as required.
* Maintain a high degree of customer service and adherence to service management principles, taking ownership of incidents and requests, and being proactive when dealing with customers.
* Undertake project work as required by Service Delivery Manager / Applications Management Team Lead / Senior ICT Management Team.
To be part of a high performing Application Management Team you will need:
* Technical understanding of the Microsoft Windows operating systems, both Server and Desktop platforms. SQL Server (MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL), non-Microsoft operating systems (Linux, Solaris).
* Maintaining system configuration control documentation, installation guides and known issue logs as required
* To keep abreast of developments and emerging technologies which may affect available applications, and give advice to the Application Delivery Team Lead of their best usage?
* Work with other support teams when required, to ensure incidents, requests, changes, problems are resolved within SLA.
* Develop and maintain documentation to improve call resolution rates, knowledge share and continue the process to remove single points of failure.
* Ensure business and ICT compliance levels are monitored and maintained in line with current policies.
Skills required functioning as an effective Applications engineer:
* Microsoft Windows operating systems, both Server and Desktop platforms. SQL Server (MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL), non-Microsoft operating systems (Linux, Solaris).
* Good communication skills, verbally and on paper or email.
* Investigation and diagnostic skills.
* ITIL certification.
This is a fixed term contract role and Aeropeople are operating as an employment agency managing the recruitment services for Marshall ADG. We are a leading global technical services provider with specialist teams dealing with the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations