|Job Ref:||204612428||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£28000 - £35000/annum Including Benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:16|
Application Deployment Engineer: An ambitious Application Deployment Engineer is required to define, plan, implement and manage customer projects in liaison with the Technical Deployment Manager and Project Manager. The Application Deployment Engineer will be expected to work independently and as part of the wider delivery team. The successful applicant will be responsible for deploying customer software systems and working on complex data manipulation tasks.|
The company specializes in providing businesses with a platform to engage their customers through video more effectively. With twenty years' experience in video management, the company enables clients to effectively archive, store, manage and search for video content. They have a prestigious and diverse client base and are on track for rapid business growth.
The Application Deployment Engineer is a broad role with scope to get involved with both technical issues and the company's customers.
- Devise installation plans that identify any risks or dependencies; document roll back procedures
- Install software for customers either remotely or onsite
- Complete data migration tasks involving complex data manipulation.
- Liaise with technical support colleagues to troubleshoot and resolve a variety of IT-related issues
- Develop and contribute to project timescales, risk identification and mitigation strategies
- Communicate with customers in person, via email/telephone, and provide technical assistance in conference.
- Occasionally attend customer sites for installation, configuration or to discuss project/deployment status
Experience & Qualifications:
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting proprietary software
- Methodical use of change control procedure for planning and execution
- Thorough understanding of networking practices and protocols
- Knowledge and experience of working with Cloud technologies - Azure, Amazon EC2 and of Apache and PHP installation on and Windows
- Knowledge experience of working with Windows Server OS with the ability to troubleshoot a variety of IT-related issues and resolve user issues
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey ideas and offer IT solutions to internal and external stakeholders and support non-technical customers, explain complex IT concepts in simple concise manner.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage priorities and work to deadlines
- The drive to get deployments completed in a timely manner, delivering to a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to provide concise documentation and confidence in working with both internal staff and external clients at all levels
- Confident in applying analytical skills for trouble shooting and problem solving
- Willing and adaptable to complete a wide range of tasks for multiple customers
- Advanced data manipulation in Excel or other text editors and of using Windows Powershell scripting to manipulate files and data
- Understanding of XML and XSL translation
- Working Knowledge of HTML PHP and experience of SQL query writing and complex data manipulation
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing, award winning company with an international, well recognised client base. In addition to a competitive salary a comprehensive benefits package including private healthcare, 25 days' holiday and flexible working is on offer. Apply now