|Job Ref:||204611670||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Egham||Address:||Post Code:||TW20||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum Private Health, Pension||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:16|
With an annual turnover of $19.4 billion, 9,000 locations worldwide, and awarded for the encouragement of their employees, this enterprise organisation is hiring an IT Infrastructure Product Manager. |
The position will be based at their European Head Office in Egham and will be working closely with the European and Global IT teams.
As Product Manager you will be responsible for defining and managing the components and processes which support the delivery of technical products and services to the branch IT environment. Through collaboration with the Global IT teams and vendors the role will take ownership to analyse and define the various aspects of the IT products and services life cycle from end to end. This will cover areas such as product architecture and engineering, procurement, technical specifications, configuration, technical support, through to retirement and replacements.
You will also assist with establishing key performance metrics to ensure compliance of vendor and department processes, standards and procedures and to evaluate vendor performance. Following the definition of these components, processes and metrics these will assist the related IT teams to implement, manage and support the IT products and services day to day as well as serving to review and manage Vendor performance.
Regular communication with Senior Management and the Business community will be required, hence the successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to communicate technical details to a non-technical audience.
The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator, highly organized, experienced in working with Infrastructure technologies and with a background in managed IT services. The role offers excellent opportunities for the right candidate for learning, career development, training and progression within a growing organisation.
• Manage the lifecycle of technical products and services in conjunction with IT teams and Vendors; from inception through to retirement and the resulting introduction of new/replacement technologies to the IT environment
• Work with Global IT and Vendors to develop technology components and processes.
• Take ownership of specific products lines which will assist IT teams with the implementation of Infrastructure managed services
• Keep up to date with current technologies in the environment, through networking and collaboration with Global IT teams and Vendors
• Facilitate and lead meetings between IT teams and Vendors to maintain regular communications about technology/product developments to all stakeholders, Business, IT Management and Partners
• Stay current with technology developments impacting the IT environment, provide updates to stakeholders and initiate resulting needs for upgrades or changes to environment as required
• Establish key performance metrics to review and manage Vendor performance
• Create, update and maintain documentation IT products and services portfolio
• Take ownership and act as a point of escalation for lines of products/services and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Programmes
• Work closely with Support teams to integrate/update the introduction of new technologies and the related support processes
• Strong experience preferred in working with technology services
• Previous experience of Product management, managed IT services, or similar role is preferred
• Experience of working with infrastructure technologies in retail environments with multiple sites would be advantageous
• Accustomed to working in a matrix fast-paced and high pressure environment
• Good grasp of and aptitude for learning new technologies
• Proven track record of successful process/programme design and delivery
• Accustomed to Project Management processes
• Professional technology accreditation in an Infrastructure related area will be of added value
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Provide subject matter expertise and demonstrate an ability to communicate technical details to a non-technical audience
• Strong leadership, consultative and interpersonal skills
• Ability to build consensus with Business, IT and Vendors
• Experience and knowledge in some of the following areas is preferred:
• Network, Cisco, WAN/LAN/WLAN, VPN, Network Security implementations
• Windows desktop, Windows Server, Terminal Services, MS Exchange, Linux, VMWare and other platforms
• Endpoint technologies, desktop/ thin clients, tablets and mobile devices
• Server hardware, storage, backup and recovery solutions
• Infrastructure systems integrations
• Cloud based solutions, Data Centres, Managed hosting solutions
• Managed Infrastructure, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
• Telecoms, PBX, VoIP, SIP trunking, voice applications
• Payment solutions
• Print solutions
• Workflow/Process automation
• Digital applications and mobile solutions
• Managing technologies across multiple site environments
• Remote Working, Mobility, Citrix environments
• Disaster recovery solutions