|Job Ref:||204611568||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£32000/annum (Dependent on Experience)||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:16|
HTML / CSS Web Designer: A Web Designer is required to work on client web projects, from design conception to completion, as well as producing and maintaining a range of stock 'themes' for a fast-evolving web based product. Experienced Web Developers are preferred, although bright, enthusiastic graduates with a relevant degree are encouraged to apply.|
The company specializes in providing businesses with a platform to engage their customers through video more effectively. With twenty years' experience in video management, the company enables clients to effectively archive, store, manage and search for video content. They have a prestigious and diverse client base and are on track for rapid business growth.
Using pre-dominantly HTML / CSS the Web Designer will produce creative and cutting edge templates that will be integrated onto a PHP-based framework. You will be instrumental in marrying the company's clients branding requirements with software's functionality. Good communication skills are an essential requirement to this role, along with an eye for detail and design.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Excellent design skills and great attention to detail.
- Fluent in hand-coding templates using HTML4/5, CSS (including CSS3).
- Aspire to and deliver technical excellence
- Familiar with browser compatibility and supporting a range of modern web browsers.
- Experience in working with PHP.
- Thrive under pressure and have a successful track record of meeting deadlines
- Enjoy taking ownership of projects and be passionate about new technologies
In addition to the above, any experience of the following (or keen to learn) would be advantageous!
- Revision Control Systems (Subversion, Git etc)
- Experience or solid understanding of MVC style frameworks such as WordPress / Yii/ Drupal etc.
- Knowledge of SEO, Accessibility, UI & UX principles.
- CSS Pre-processors such as LESS or SASS.
- Experience of working within a SCRUM team (Agile development)
This is an exciting opportunity for a Web Designer to join a growing business, offering career development opportunities as the company expands. In addition to a competitive salary the company offers a comprehensive benefits package including private healthcare, 25 days' holiday and flexible working. Apply now