|Job Ref:||204611061||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Ilfracombe||Address:||Post Code:||EX34||Salary:||£23000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:16|
IT Analyst - Intermediate |
£22,000 - £30,000 (DOE)
A global manufacturer is seeking for an experienced IT Analyst to provide support for desktop operations and local site server systems. To be involved in system administration, development, security and support of all relevant infrastructure.
The suitable candidate will have:
* Excellent knowledge of PC hardware and associated peripherals.
* Excellent knowledge of network hardware and management tools.
* Excellent knowledge of network operating systems and applications.
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft O/S, Server and Desktop
* Excellent knowledge of VMware technology
* Ability to use technical documentation and diagnostic tools to solve hardware and software problems.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent judgement and strong analytical skills as well as follow-up and organisational skills.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, parallel projects.
* Up-to-date professional certification in the relevant technical area.
* 1 year's experience of desktop support.
* 1 year's experience of network applications / operating systems / hardware.
* 1 year's experience implementing and maintaining Windows based application servers.
* Be prepared to travel and work unsociable hours.
* Provide out of hours support.
* Provide cover for Bank Holiday/Company Holidays.
* Hold a current driving licence.
* Provide user and administrative support for desktop and local server systems.
* Provide technical guidance to users and management for desktop support and local server systems.
* Participate in projects or teams and directed by the Manager/Supervisor.
* Assist Manager/Supervisor in development of desktop support and local server systems strategy.
* Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of all relevant hardware and software.
* Implementation and support of network operating systems and services.
* Configuration, installation and deployment of all PC's and PC related peripherals.
* Configuration, installation, deployment and support of desktop management suite.
* Support and develop local CNC / DNC manufacturing systems, if applicable.
* Develop and maintain appropriate desktop and server related procedures and ensure these procedures are enforced.
* Develop and maintain appropriate disaster recovery procedures.
* Develop a working knowledge of department specific applications.
* Keep abreast of technical aspects of PC-LAN computing environment.
* Provide project management for implementations and role-outs.
* Provide Manager / Supervisor with equipment projections and assist with purchasing.
* Perform daily backup procedures as defined by technical leads.
* Identify opportunities and recommend solutions for improving service, efficiency and effectiveness.
* Perform system analysis and utilisation reports as required.
* Log into and use telephone and computer based Service Desk system to record all support activities.
Hours of work:
Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 16:30
Friday 08:00- 15:30
Contract type: Permanent