|Job Ref:||204610880||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£85000 - £90000/annum £90,000||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:16|
Our client is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Our client supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.|
The ITSS function has been created to own the delivery and service management of IT across company contracts, this includes the management of all aspects of IT Customer Service
We are looking to recruit for a for a well-rounded professional with the broad range of skills to take on the position of New Business Solution Lead to lead and own the definition of the IT solution for bids for a portfolio of bids.
New Business Solution Lead
You will be expected to:
• Be responsible for early solution thinking, qualification and direction of the solution in the bids to ensure consistent approaches and leveraging of platforms and repeatable solutions. Following the success of the bid you will continue to lead/oversee the IT solution through into the contract phase, developing it to a level of detail that it can be handed over to the individual work stream leads within the project to implement.
• In this role you will working within a multi-disciplinary bid team consisting of business SMEs, business development, third party IT partners and commercial and legal staff the role will involve the definition of an IT solution to deliver agreed business benefits which will require a good understanding of the business goals and drivers of the business unit they are aligned to.
• The solution to be defined will cover the areas of business, data, applications and infrastructure architectures as well as security and service support.
• In this role you will consider the overall IT solution package to cover the implementation plan, costs and an analysis of the risks, assumptions and dependencies working closely with the rest of the bid team to ensure a joined-up overall solution which is consistent with the bid win themes and fits within the agreed cost.
• You will develop the solution through the various stages of the Serco Bid Methodology being responsible for taking it successfully through the governance gates from initial IT solution shaping and vision through to the final IT solution sign off.
• You will operate at a senior customer and supplier level, responsible for end to end Solution design and delivery including risk assessment and negotiation on issues such as cost, quality and timescales.
The successful candidate will be a highly accomplished professional with the ability to get engaged and add value to bids at an early stage with proven skills in the following areas within a bidding environment:
• Solution Architecture (covering business, data, applications and infrastructure)
• Project Management
• Stakeholder Management
• Commercial Management
New Business Solution Lead
You will have previous experience in a similar role
Preferably a qualification in one of the following:
• BCS Enterprise and Solutions Architecture
• TOGAF 9
• You will ideally hold a project or programme management qualification such as PRINCE2 or MCP.
• You must be SC cleared or willing to undergo SC clearance.
In return, as well as offering a competitive salary, we will help you achieve your goals by continuous professional development and regular career progression sessions