|Job Ref:||204610605||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||West Sussex||City:||East Grinstead||Address:||Post Code:||RH19||Salary:||£450/day||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:16|
Endeavour Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a skilled Business Continuity Expert for an initial 3-month contract with further extensions.|
The role is for a large client based just south of London close to Gatwick airport and paying £450 per day.
Our client is undergoing a complex business change and development programme and within this programme they are focusing on their continuity capability.
The candidate will be responsible for the overall delivery and implementation of a business continuity framework that also integrates crisis management and disaster recovery plans into core business activities. This will be achieved by successfully planning, leading and managing business continuity processes from conception through to delivery, culminating in a hand over to the business.
This position will provide assurance and guidance to the group's Data Security Protection Group of a robust and appropriate business continuity framework.
• Review and validate the current continuity plan with the business
• Amend the current master plan to reflect changes that have taken place within the business since it was implemented. (circa 2007)
• Validate the revised plan against regulatory requirements such as FCA and ensure its resilience
• Ensure the business continuity requirements in the company's Data Security Policy are fit for purpose and the plan is compliant.
• Validate the revised plan to ensure it meets the requirements of insurance underwriter audits
• Work with the team to coordinate an appropriate "test" run of the final plan.
• Ensure that the project works closely with supporting departments (such as HR, Finance and IS) to define solutions to meet the projects requirements.
• Ensure that the design and plans are produced and follow the companies project delivery framework.
• Ensure each? Department's project resources are identified and secured by proactively monitoring progress and by identifying and negotiating use of internal resources.
• Ensure that monitoring and reporting of overall progress is taking place and that corrective action, as appropriate, is taken to ensure that the projects deliverables are produced on time and within budget.
• Ensure that engagement is taking place with all appropriate stakeholders
• Ensure that outcomes are assessed against what was predicted in the business case, and ensure that all participants are informed and involved throughout the change.
• Ensure that risks and issues are actively and effectively managed.
• Ensure that there is close working with other Departments in reviewing and challenging proposals (e.g. Business Cases).
• Ensure that regular progress reports are produced and delivered to the SCB and DSPG and for wider circulation to the business.
• Hand over to a nominated resource all plans/processes once delivered
If you are a Business Continuity Expert and looking for your next contract, please don't hesitate to apply