|Job Ref:||204610153||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bury St. Edmunds||Address:||Post Code:||IP28||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:16|
Location: Bury St Edmunds
Reports to: Development Team Leader
Purpose of Job:
The implementation of web-based enterprise applications based predominantly on the Microsoft technology stack, utilising industry best practices such as TDD, BDD, or pair programming to ensure high quality products are developed within agreed timescales.
Key Result Areas:
Development of features within enterprise web-based applications utilising the appropriate technology, predominately C# and Microsoft Dynamics CRM, but also including SQL, SSRS, RubyScript, AngularJS, etc.;
Participate in development ceremonies; planning, estimation, design, retrospectives, and reviews;
Work within the development goverance framework including, but not limited to, adherence to Coding Guidelines, UI guides, automated testing, and code reviews;
Ensure development skills are kept up to date and maintain awareness of new developments in the software industry.
Qualifications and Knowledge
Working knowledge of developing enterprise web based applications;
Working knowledge of C# and at least one other technology used within CCRS ASD - Microsoft Dynamics CRM, SSRS, RubyScript, WCF, AngularJS, etc.
Basic understanding of writing testable software - unit test, integration tests, TDD, BDD etc.;
Basic knowledge of version control methods and software such as Team Foundation Server;
Knowledge of design patterns (such as MVVM), MEF, Reactive Extensions and Windows Workflow desirable.
Skills and Experience
* Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential.
* Experience of commercial software development environments;
* Data modelling using appropriate tools;
* Experience of producing design artefacts and relating ideas / information to other team members and non-technical people;
* Experience of writing and implementing automated test.
* Passionate about software development technologies, languages, and methodologies;
* Engages with the wider developer community;
* Self-motivated and self-disciplined; able to manage own time, prioritise requirements and multi-task;
* Ability to adapt to different software development methodologies adopted by different teams;
* Clear, concise and articulate presentation;
* A logical but creative thinker with the ability to interpret this into practical solutions.
This role is based at the Company's office in Bury St Edmunds although a high degree of flexibility will be required. You will be expected to work your contracted hours plus any additional time as required to support business needs, this may include periods outside of the contracted hours and at customer locations. You will also be required to participate in an out of hours 3rd line support rota.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us