|Job Ref:||204609995||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derbyshire||Address:||Post Code:||DE55||Salary:||£40000/annum 40,000 (DOE) + Benefits||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:23|
Senior Network Engineer / Technical Lead (Cisco)|
40,000 (DOE) + Benefits
Senior Network Engineer / Technical Lead needed with strong hands-on CISCO experience and experience of driving Networking projects. Any Team Leading / Staff Management experience would be an advantage.
A superb opportunity to join a Public Sector / Government organisation based in Derbyshire with excellent scope for long-term career progression. Start ideally in October 2016 (subject to candidate availability / notice period).
Key skills, experience and responsibilities will include...
- Hands-on CISCO experience, including supporting, managing and implementing Data/Voice networks: Cisco IOS, Firewalls and Network monitoring.
- Network Operations: ensuring all IT network infrastructure is reliable, secure, cost effective and fit-for-purpose.
- Project Delivery: planning and delivery of network solutions to agreed time-scales, costs and technical specifications.
- Relationship Building: engaging constructively with 3rd party network infrastructure suppliers, customers and internal stakeholders to ensure agreed network solutions are delivered.
- Defining / enforcing best practice IT network standards across the organisation.
- Working with technical design teams to ensure that network solution designs meet agreed requirements.
- Documenting agreed IT network processes and delivering robust network performance and availability.
- Financial Management: tracking support contracts, product licencing, budgeting, financial reporting and commercial contract / tender negotiations.
- Any Team Leading / Management experience would be helpful. Managing a small Networking Team, including: work allocation, objectives, appraisals, performance, grievance / disciplinary and career development matters.
- Participating in the out-of-hours / on-call rota where required.
- Public Sector / Government sector experience would be an advantage.
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, salary expectations and a short Covering Letter explaining why you believe you would be a strong match for the position.
If your experience matches the key requirements of the position you will receive a call from a member of the Syntax team who will run through the role in greater detail and answer any further questions you may have.
We always do our very best to respond individually to all applicants. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret that it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency