|Job Ref:||204609762||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Egham||Address:||Post Code:||TW20||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum Private Health, Pension||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:16|
Global, $19bn T/O Enterprise, with 9,000 locations, the largest and most successful provider in its field, in the world. Employees are supported and encouraged to be the best they can be, and diversity is a priority in all areas of the business. This employer is proud to say they have been in the Times Top 50 Where Women Want to Work for ten consecutive years and have been honoured with many other awards along the way.|
Due to growth an opportunity has become available within the IT Infrastructure team for an Infrastructure Project Manager. The position will be based at their European Head Office in Egham, Surrey, and will be working closely with the European IT teams.
The Infrastructure team are responsible for managing the UK and Ireland Infrastructure environment and also assisting with projects to deliver solutions for the Pan-European teams.
As Project Manager you will be working closely with our Architecture, Engineering and Implementation teams to design, develop and implement Infrastructure solutions within the Enterprise environment in Europe. This will cover a broad range of infrastructure technologies with a particular focus on IT branch technology, network transformation, as well as other areas of the technical infrastructure environment.
You will be responsible for handling/ initiating work requests from business stakeholders and relevant resources, collaborating with others to scope and plan projects then managing these through to implementation.
The ideal candidate will possess strong verbal and written communication skills, will be highly organized, experienced in working with Infrastructure technologies, able to demonstrate a track record of delivering medium to large complex initiatives, whilst simultaneously managing multiple efforts in a fast paced environment. Previous experience of working with network technologies and or network transformation across multiple sites will be strongly preferred.
Ultimately we are seeking an individual who is a self-starter, innovative and able to act independently, whilst also being a team player.
The role offers excellent opportunities for the right candidate for learning, career development, training and progression within a growing organisation.
- Collaborating with Business, global IT teams and Vendors to receive work requests, develop project scopes, detailed work plans and statement of works (SoW)
- Collaboration with IT teams to develop plan and execute deployment for multi-site network transformation
- Plan, direct, coordinate and monitor project activities involved with the architectural and technical design, security, implementation and in life support of technical solutions
- Tracking, monitoring and updating tasks, maintaining project plans and providing status updates to IT teams and Management
- Identifying potential project risks, communication, log and recommending solutions
- Providing a single point of contact during the project for all aspects of the engagement
- Scheduling, participating and leading internal and external project meetings
- Ability to prepare and provide presentations to internal teams, Business stakeholders and Vendors
- Assisting with defining departmental Project Management standards, processes and procedures
- Ongoing review of existing methodologies and providing recommendations for future enhancements
- Assisting Management to develop, update and maintain IT roadmaps
- Keeping abreast of business updates and current industry trends including new technology through networking and associated training/seminars
- Experience in Project Management role, managing medium to large complex projects is essential, whilst managing multiple efforts
- Strong experience in working with technology services
- Professional project management accreditation is required e.g. Prince2, PMP equivalent and able to demonstrate knowledge of project management concepts
- Good grasp of and aptitude for learning technologies
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Subject matter expert with ability to communicate technical details to a non-technical audience
- Strong leadership, consultative interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as being a team player
- Proven track record of successful project delivery in complex end to end and systems integration projects preferred
- Experience and knowledge in the following areas of IT Infrastructure is preferred:
Network, Cisco, WAN/LAN/WLAN, VPN, Network Security implementations
Infrastructure systems integrations
Cloud based solutions, Data Centres, Hosted solutions
Managed Infrastructure, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
Managing IT deployments across multiple sites
Project Management - Prince2 or similar Project Management accreditation