|Job Ref:||204609321||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Aldermaston||Address:||Post Code:||RG7||Salary:||£10000/month||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:23|
Technical Consultant - Network Infrastructure |
£40,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
Full valid driving licence.
The Technical Consultant provides design and deployment services to customers and prospects of customers. The role also entails providing high level support and mentorship to the internal technical support team.
Activities and Responsibilities
* Provide technical expertise to design a networking solution.
* Provide technical expertise to deploy a networking solution.
* Provide both pre-sales and deployment documentation to support the sales and support of a Voyager network solution.
* Assist internal support team in troubleshooting customer problems both on the telephone and on site.
* Provide analysis of customer problems and advise on current and future potential problems.
* Consultants are required to attend customer site for Design and Deployment work in order to meet business requirements.
The Technical Consultant would need to interface into all departments to provide:
* 2nd/3rd line Technical Support
* Consultancy to Project Managers/Engineers
* Pre-sales Consultancy to the Sales Team
* Pre-sales Consultancy to customer base.
* Technical Training
Qualifications & Experience
A high level of education or relevant experience will be considered. The Technical Consultant would have a minimum of 5 years' experience within the industry, working with products from leading manufacturers such as CISCO, ShoreTel, Fortinet and Bluecoat.
Applicant must hold a valid Cisco CCNA, CCDP, CCNP or higher accreditation together with a demonstrable hands-on experience of the CISCO Product portfolio focussed on switching and routing, security and wireless.
Qualifications in Fortinet, Bluecoat, ShoreTel or other major manufacturers would be an advantage.
Applicant must be able to demonstrate skills in the design and deployment of Cisco Routers, Wireless, Switches and Firewalls:
* Cisco Catalyst 6800, 6500, 4500, 3850, 3650, 3560. 2960 Series
* Cisco Nexus 9000, 7000, 6000, 5000, 3000, 2000 Series
* Meraki Wireless
* Cisco Routers 800, 1000, 4000 Series
* Cisco Firewalls ASA 5500 Series
** A training plan will be discussed to incorporate ongoing Company requirements as well as personal goals