|Job Ref:||204609030||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Solihull||Address:||Post Code:||B91||Salary:||£550 - £575/day||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:17|
6 Month Initial Contract
Leading Utilities Client
My Client are looking for a highly motivated individual with experience of leading the implementation and adoption of a Continuous Integration (CD) toolsets in a multi-project delivery environment across multiple sites.
This is to work on the initial implementation of the toolsets for a leading Utility ensuring successful implementation, adoption and roadmap strategy for the toolset is achieved.
* The Devops specialist will be the senior design authority responsible for establishing a CD capability and practice that encompasses the People, Process and Technology aspects of Continuous Delivery
* This role will lead the development of a target operating model for CD and establish a transformation roadmap to deliver the target state.
* leading the shaping and implementation of the DevOps tooling, processes and systems for continuous delivery (CD) and continuous integration (CI)
* working with Solution Architects and IS delivery teams to determine the optimal design for hosting and manage business systems and mobile apps
* defining and establishing best-practice standards to be deployed for CI across different projects and delivery use cases
Key Skills and Experience required:
* Extensive knowledge of continuous delivery and continuous integration tools such as:
* Version control systems (e.g. Subversion, git, clearcase, clearquest)
* Automation / build - (e.g. Jenkins, nexus, ivy)
* Code quality & testing tools (e.g. Sonarcube, selenium, junit, etc)
* Artefacts repositories (e.g. Nexus)
* Configuration management systems (such as chef, ansible, puppet)
* Platforms - aix, linux, wintel, ios
* Networks - tcp/ip, dns, ldap, ad
* Strong understanding of scalable infrastructure design principles
* Expert level of understanding of source-code management principles and systems (particularly git)
* A good understanding of unix/linux administration
* Led standardisation efforts for deployment scripts / processes