|Job Ref:||204608818||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Abingdon||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£18000 - £20000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:17|
Secondsite Recruitment is assisting a rapidly growing and client focussed company based in the Abingdon area to find an ambitious IT candidate to join them as a 1st Line Support Helpdesk Technician. This is a Full-Time Permanent role that will expose the successful candidate not only to first line support but also hardware maintenance and repairs, enabling them to build a diverse skillset.|
Whether you're currently in a 1st line support role and looking for a change of environment or have recently completed an IT related course or apprenticeship this could be the perfect role to enable you to develop a career within IT!
* Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
* Duration: Permanent contract
* Benefits: 20 days holiday per annum + bank holidays
* The successful candidate will be required to work a shift pattern which will be based on a '4 day on, 4 day off' shift pattern between the hours of 08:00 - 08:00 or 10:00 - 10:00
* The helpdesk is open between 08:00 - 10:00, 7 days per week including bank holidays
* Providing a point of electronic and phone contact for clients
* Taking calls on the helpdesk via or ticketing system/email or phone and working to complete tickets to resolution
* Categorising, prioritising and forwarding requests to the team
* Conducting initial investigation of issues and resolving or escalating as needed
* Tracking requests and providing client updates as needed
* Responding to customer queries
* Liaison with Field Engineers to schedule their site visits
* Hardware repairs
* Ensuring high levels of customer service and maintaining a high user experience
* Previous experience within a similar position - desired but not essential
* General interest and a passion for IT
* Ability to work using own initiative and without direct supervision
* Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
* Ability to adapt to an ever changing environment
* First class written and oral communication skills
* Ability to communicate with customers at all levels with good listening and interpersonal skills
* Self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
* Confident and professional manner in dealing with customers
If you believe you have the suitable skills and experience to be considered for this role then please apply.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application. Please continue to visit the website for other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job