|Job Ref:||204608752||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Northallerton||Address:||Post Code:||DL7||Salary:||£13.32/hour||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:17|
Our client is a public sector operation based near Northallerton. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced ICT Technician to join their technical team on a temporary on-going basis.|
This is the ideal role for an ICT Technician looking to develop their career with the backing of a public sector organisation.
As an ICT Technician, you will have responsibility to effectively and efficiently maintain and administer the Authority's IT infrastructure
Your duties will include:
* To investigate and advise the Head of ITSS and senior staff on recommended developments in line with technological advances;
* To support the planning, procurement and management of the implementation of new or replacement IT infrastructure programmes and systems;
* To support the planning, procurement and management of the implementation and configuration of server installations in line with fault tolerant and performance designs;
* To develop in-house systems to aid in data capture, efficiency programmes and infrastructure maintenance;
* To help ensure the standardisation of hardware and software throughout the Authority, in line with policies and procedures;
* To maintain IT standard operating procedures (SOPs) in line with legislation and internal regulations;
* To provide advice and guidance to end users of the Authority's IT systems, including informal training where appropriate;
* To maintain the integrity of the Authority's WAN / LANs and ensure a secure and virus-free service;
* To help ensure software licenses are available for each PC and server and the Authority's WAN / LANs are free from unauthorised software, in line with FAST regulations and the Authority's Policies and SOPs;
* To monitor and maintain core server applications;
* To provide technical contribution to specifications produced by other departments, functions and sections;
* To assist with theIT Service Deskfunction and provide first and second line end user support, to both users and other IT members;
* To co-ordinate workloads with other IT disciplines within the IT section;
* To undertake development training, either on or off site, as required.
To be considered for the role of ICT Technician, you must have:
* The ability to manage DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, GPOs, file based permissions and IIS
* Experience of security management, including virus control, mail/web access
* A working knowledge of the internals of a PC, servers, storage devices and peripherals
* Knowledge of ancillary devices connected to PCs or laptops (e.g. PDAs and printers)
* The ability to carry out upgrades
* Experience of service desk administration and support in an ITIL based environment
* An understanding of industry standard networking principles and protocols
* The ability to contribute to specifications produced internally or by other departments
* A current driving licence
Additionally, a National Occupation Standards for IT practitioners Level 3 would be greatly received.
To apply for the role of ICT Technician, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Additional Keywords: ICT Technician, IT Technician, IT engineer, Network Engineer, software, ICT
Baxter Personnel 27-28 Blackwellgate, Darlington DL1 5HG