|Job Ref:||204608375||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:24|
Systems Manager |
NG Bailey is the largest independent engineering, construction and services company in the UK. As a family owned business, with over 90 years in operation, they have a proud heritage, notably in the quality of their workforce and strong design and technical capacity. Their values of passion, integrity and excellence remain at the heart of everything they do.
Position: Systems Manager
About the role:
They are currently looking to recruit an IT Systems Manager to be responsible for supporting the ITS division in maintaining, developing and using IFS, the recently implemented ERP system, to its best possible potential and ensuring alignment with the divisions` strategic objectives. This will include working with key stakeholders to identify areas of potential development and managing the implementation of the changes from business case preparation, to scoping of the solution, testing, release and post implementation review. You will also have line management responsibility for a Training Manager within the team. This role will be based in Leeds with some expected travel to London.
Key Responsibilities within this role will be:
- Develop a thorough understanding of IFS in order to provide support, implement upgrades and develop specifications for future developments to meet the changing needs of the business and support the achievement of the Division`s strategic goals.
- Working with business leaders to develop enhanced MI to support improved decision making and enhanced customer service.
- Working closely with the IFS Training lead to ensure training documentation is updated in line with new releases and developments and other communication methods reflect the correct technical input.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with the Project Swan technical team, Group ICT and other divisions, sharing best practise and recognising the strategic aims of both ITS and Group.
- Ensuring that the end to end processes are documented and available for training and reference points. Reviewing processes regularly and in line with Group requirements ensuring that any off system forms and systems dovetail into system processes.
- Technical lead in the development and delivery of system related improvements to support the achievement of the Divisional strategic plan.
- Ensuring awareness of the cost value relationship of developments and improvements relating to IFS. Where specific budget is required, developing the business case and then ensure delivery within the agreed framework.
- Providing leadership in the way in which IFS is used within the ITS business, supporting business change and the business leadership team with the tools to support changes in ways of working.
- Identifying where business resource will be required to support the developments on IFS, ensuring appropriate approval and consideration is given to ensure best possible return is achieved for the business, keeping interruption to 'Business as Usual` tasks to a mutually agreed level.
- Professionally representing the company at all times, protecting the company assets and its reputation.
- To propose and champion innovations and improvements to IFS to improve value created from IFS.
To be successful in this role you will be degree educated in a computer or information science discipline with a thorough understanding of IFS or Oracle EBS, you will also hold a project management certification, preferably APM or Prince 2. With experience within IT systems architecture and business analysis in the context of system development and implementation, you will be able to demonstrate management level interaction with key client stakeholders, possessing excellent communication skills together with a common sense and flexible approach to working.
You may have experience of the following: Systems Manager, IFS, Oracle EBS, APM, APMP, Prince 2, PMP, Systems Architecture, System Development, ICT, ERP, Business Analysis, Project Management, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK`s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications