|Job Ref:||204608311||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Chelmsford||Address:||Post Code:||CM2||Salary:||£17300 - £22000/annum pension & benefits||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:24|
Salary: £17,300 - £22,000 per annum
Contract: Permanent, Full-time (37 hours per week, flexi-time is available)
Location: County Hall, Chelmsford
Essex County Council prides itself on being an innovative, forward-thinking and progressive organisation. As one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK we are currently undergoing significant transformational change to further enhance customer focus, service delivery and to deliver significant efficiencies.
Information Services (IS) deliver a range of functions that support and complement the technological transformation. The service's focus is on driving the delivery of value for money, improving service quality and developing strong partner and stakeholder relationships. Other aspects of the service's work include risk and performance management, governance and legal compliance and contract management.
Working as part of the Information Governance Operational or Transparency Team, the Information Assistant will deliver effective routine and complex administrative support services to the team.
This will ensure that the organisation can enable compliance with our statutory duties with regard to requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Data Protection Act 1998 section 7.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Ensure Information Governance teams are able to comply with their statutory duty to respond to requests for information, by efficiently completing contributory tasks.
* Maintaining an up to date knowledge of processes, corporate systems and standards, and sharing useful knowledge and information to support the Information Governance teams.
* Use specialist skill, knowledge and experience to ensure the effectiveness of the Information Governance teams, ensuring that it performs as a centre of excellence.
* Engage appropriately with stakeholders to define requirements and achieve quality, timely and value for money services.
* Ensure personal compliance with all external and internal regulation.
* Work collaboratively with partners to ensure the best overall outcome for the people of Essex, whilst protecting ECC's areas of accountability.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the below:
* Minimum of 5 GCSEs (grade C or above), including Maths and English.
* Professional qualification or equivalent demonstrable experience.
* An understanding of the Data Protection Act and other privacy legislation.
* Demonstrable experience and competence of MS Office applications and their practical application.
* Ability to use computerised systems with a high level of speed and accuracy.
* Previous experience of managing electronic or hard copy filing systems.
* Ability to communicate in a manner which is easily understood and tailored to meet the needs of the audience.
* The ability to manage time effectively and demonstrate a wide understanding of customer needs and being able to manage their expectations.
* Demonstrable experience of analysing information and considering alternative solutions, adapting to new ways of working where necessary.
If you have any queries in relation to this role, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on (Apply online only), quoting job reference 8056.
Essex County Council are proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees, including:
* Local Government Pension Scheme (ECC will contribute 14.1% to your Pension Scheme)
* A competitive salary and generous benefits package
* A flexible approach to working hours, promoting a healthy work-life balance
* A clear career path. Recognising your talent in the team. Encouraging committed individuals to grow with the opportunity for progression and promotion.
* Generous leave, plus opportunity to purchase additional days
* Interest free season ticket loans
* Extensive discounts across supermarkets, travel companies, general retail & more
* Childcare Vouchers
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us