|Job Ref:||204613480||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Bradford||Address:||Post Code:||BD1||Salary:||£13 - £14/hour Overtime||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:01|
Vacancy - Maintenance Technician (Shifts)|
Salary - £13 - £14/hour Min £13hr, plus shift allowance on Nights
Location - Bradford
Maintenance engineers are responsible for the continuous running of equipment and machinery, within a fast paced environment. They use computerised systems to oversee routine maintenance and organise repairs.
They are also involved in control and monitoring devices and occasionally in the manufacture of items that will help in maintenance, re-engineering.
Maintenance engineering plays a vital role in the efficiency, development and progress of manufacturing and processing.
Maintenance engineers work with other professionals in order to improve production facilities, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant, personnel and production processes.
Working a multi shift pattern of 6am to 2:15pm - 2pm to 10:15pm - 10pm to 6:15am Monday to Friday with weekend flexibility required, hourly rate starting at £13hr basic, plus shift allowance and call out rate included in the event of emergencies.
28 days Holiday per year
Essential skills & Experience:
Time severed mechanical engineering
Minimum 5 years experience in heavy manufacturing
Bench tools, pillar drills, lathe working and milling machines, re-engineering parts.
Welding and fabrication
Programming and PLC experience (Desirable)
Typical work activities
Responsibilities and tasks vary from role to role but maintenance engineers are typically involved in:
-Ensuring all Health and Safety practices are adhered to at all times including:
-All sub-contractors have been signed in, are aware of the Site Safety procedures and can provide method statements, risk assessments and liability insurance and public insurance documents.
-Covering: Hot working permits, working at heights, isolation procedures and other controls which will eliminate the likelihood of any accident happening.
• designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods;
• carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults;
• diagnosing breakdown problems;
• fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly;
• carrying out quality inspections on jobs;
• liaising with client departments, customers and other engineering and production colleagues;
• arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components;
• controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment;
• monitoring and controlling maintenance costs;
• dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs;
• improving health and safety policies and procedures;
• working with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), which control machinery on factory assembly lines - desirable;
• writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines - desirable;
• ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
This is a good opportunity to work with a company that are forward thinking and trust and value their workers.
This is a permanent position for the right candidates after 3 month probation.
Please forward your CV to Wayne Cressey.
If you wish to discuss the Maintenance Technician role further, please call me on (Apply online only)
Concept Technical are acting as an employment Agency with reference to this advert