|Job Ref:||204613155||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Castle Donington||Address:||Post Code:||DE74||Salary:||£30000 - £34000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:25|
Superb opportunity for an electrically biased multi skilled Engineer to join global leading logistics automation equipment company as a Field Service Engineer.|
The Service Department covers 70+ distribution / logistics sites across the UK and this role would be covering sites from the West Midlands down to London and the surrounding areas, but work can be all over the UK.
Please note: Although you are assigned a geographical area, the individual MUST be flexible as some tasks given could be all over the UK and see Engineers need to stay over. Approx 2 to 3 times per week stay over is estimated. Role is Monday to Friday, but some weekend work and evening work may be required now and again. Overtime is paid and at varying rates.
Seeking a qualified multi skilled engineer who is / has been or would like to be a Field Service Engineer desirably with experience of PLCs and fault diagnostics. Crane experience would be a big advantage!
Ideal home location is between Northampton and London so UK coverage is easier.
Successful candidate will go through a full program of training, both theoretical and practical so they are fully up to speed before they are sent to sites on their own.
* Salary is c£30k - £34k plus paid O/T
* Paid On-call rota (1 week in 6)
* 25 days annual leave
* Fully expensed car / van
* Tool kit
* Laptop and mobile
* Expenses for hotels and food when staying away
* Conduct routine service and maintenance work, breakdowns, urgent repairs, retrofits and small projects to support all UK customer sites
* Ensure Company procedures and standards are followed and maintained
* Maintain good service and support to ensure customer satisfaction
* Follow-up and resolve issues which are highlighted through the support organisation
Skills & Experience Required:
* Required to be flexible to meet the requirements of the clients, (generally Mon to Fri)
* Electrical and Mechanical skills
* Reading Electrical schematics
* Maintain and repair on a variety of controls systems including Siemens S7, HMI's
* Conveying systems - Tote and Pallet conveyors etc
* Automatic Storage and Retrieval Systems - Crane Systems, Carousel Systems.
* Other associated Material Handling Equipment MHE systems; Goods lifts, Elevators, Stackers, Palletisers, Paternosters etc.
* Recognised apprenticeship in electrical or electronics engineering discipline.
* Recognised cross training from Electrical to Mechanical Engineering
* Minimum NVQ level 3, or ONC / HNC level qualification in an appropriate engineering discipline.
* Qualified to IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition.
* Health & Safety qualifications
* Siemens S7 training or other PLC and controls training courses
If you are a qualified and experienced Electrical Maintenance Engineer / Technician looking for a new opportunity as a Field Service Engineer please email your CV to Wagstaff Recruitment. For further information on this position please contact Stuart Cooper on (Apply online only) or email at Wagstaff Recruitment directly.
Wagstaff Recruitment offers a dedicated and individual recruitment service for professional candidates seeking new opportunities within the manufacturing industry, please visit our website to view current opportunities and review testimonials on our service