|Job Ref:||204613128||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Essex||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:25|
Our client is a manufacturer of high-performance processor and other boards for use is telecoms, aerospace and defence.|
A critical part of the design process is cooling and strengthening boards. Therefore, we are searching for a skilled Mechanical Engineer to create a number of different metal components to act as heat sinks and stiffening frames, as well as other items, particularly test fixtures and jigs.
You will work closely with electronics, board layout and other mechanical and thermal engineers at all the different stages of board development, for both rugged and more benign environments.
Our ideal candidate will have the following profile:
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
* Commercial experience of designing small or precision components
* Experienced user of Solidworks
* If you have designed for electronic product packaging it will be a plus
* Good commercial awareness and so able to design cost-effective, compact components
* An appreciation of change control procedures for example ECO/ECN systems will be a plus
* At least one of the following:
* A good understanding of tolerances and their effects on real-world production.
* Thermal management techniques, especially in electronic product design
* Environmental testing, e.g. shock, vibration or thermal tests
* Experience in product development for airborne or ground vehicle equipment