|Job Ref:||204613001||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Blackpool||Address:||Post Code:||FY3||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:00|
Are you an experienced Designer. Our client is looking to recruit several Designers to join their Maritime Submarines unit to be based in our site in Barrow-in-Furness. You will be involved within designing and building a critical part of the UK's Defence capability as the Trident Replacement Programme progresses towards the start of the build stage in 2016. |
The Designer will be expected to develop and produce CAD models, drawings and other technical outputs. You will be influencing the design of a long term and high-profile growing programme, which will offer you the chance to gain experience on one of the UK's most complex engineering undertakings.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on one of the UK's most complex, long term engineering projects. You will gain unique experience working in some of the country's best engineering teams, supported by a company which prides itself on the training and development it offers its staff.
Your main responsibilities as a Designer will involve:
* Developing and producing 2D plans and diagrams, utilising the relevant CAD tool-set
* CAD modelling and 3D integration within a project model
* Providing supporting documents, calculations and other technical outputs consistent with contractual requirements and appropriate to task within skill level
* Producing drawing outputs from the 3D Model
* Scheduling allocated work to meet deadlines, project programmes and budgets
* Performing self-verification and checking own work for completeness and quality
* Understanding and contributing to business processes, technical instructions, quality documents and HSE requirements
* Completing impact assessments against change requests
As a Designer, your main qualifications, skills and experience must include:
* HNC or equivalent qualification or experience in Mechanical Engineering
* Experience of design work ideally in similar heavy industry
* Extensive ability to use 2D and 3D CAD design packages
Ideally, you will be able to show knowledge of one (or more) of the following areas:
* Steel structures - equipment seating - walkways - platforms - hull outfit and other supports
* Experience or familiarity with FORAN package (or transferrable packages CADDS5 or Catia v5 or v6)
Security Clearance will be required for this role due to the nature of the products involved.
If interested in this Designer role then please contact Karla Harris-Hignett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on either (Apply online only) (DL) (Apply online only) (Mob) - or send an up-to-date WORD CV to all correspondence and conversations for the role will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency