|Job Ref:||204612961||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:25|
Service, Manager, Power Tools, Workshop, Engineering, Electro, Mechanical, Health and Safety, Repairs, Returns, Training, After Sales, |
Title: Service Manager
Location: Glasgow, Lanarkshire
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
Holidays: 28 days
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am - 5.30pm
Our client, who are a leading manufacturer of power tools, now require a Service Manager at their new site in Glasgow due to their continued success.
As a Service Manager, you will be responsible for providing efficient and effective day-to-day management of the aftersales activities for the Service Workshop, returns, training, picking, and packing. To ensure a high level of motivation, discipline and morale is maintained and that individual training needs are identified and followed up with both on the job and formal training.
As a Service Manager, your specific duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Responsible for updating and communicating the current workload status on a daily basis to all relevant staff.
- Responsible for the safety of yourself, other staff and visitors, in and around the immediate area of the workshop, warehouse and offices.
- Ensure all repair data is correctly entered onto BPCS.
- Collate and report on Service, Returns and training KPI's in a timely manner.
- To be accountable, through the department employees, for the maintenance and cleanliness of all equipment used in and around the workshop and other areas of the service department.
- To assist with the review of spare parts ordering and requests for spare parts in order to maintain appropriate stock levels of spares.
- To carry out product or service training on Makita products to customers.
- Must assist in performing any additional assignments and duties as required by the needs of the Business as directed by Senior Management.
- Ensure that the company Health & Safety, Environmental policies and HR Policies and procedures are complied with in a fair and consistent manner at all times.
- Maintain awareness levels of all department employees regarding Health & Safety and Security.
- Ensure that all new starters, temporary and permanent, are recruited, trained and inducted in line with the company policy.
- Responsible for ensuring the aftersales activities are carried out to the necessary service quality, efficiency and consistency is maintained within the required company KPI's.
- Ensure that regular meetings / toolbox talks take place with employees to encourage feedback and to share new ideas in a consistent manner.
- Contribute and foster a culture of continuous improvement with all department staff.
- Understand and maintain external customers service levels.
- Ensure all relevant risks and issues are communicated to Senior Management in a timely manner.
- Ensure all accidents and injuries are reported and investigated promptly and correctly and that any follow up actions are implemented in a timely manner.
The successful applicant will be/have:
- Management skills
- Microsoft Office Experience
- Experience of Servicing Power tools
- Electrical motor repair
- Electric installation
- Basic Engineering skills
- Positive attitude/outlook
- Flexible approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the team
-The ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team to ensure a high level of quality service is maintained to external and internal customers.
To register your interest, please forward a CV to the email provided. Alternatively please call MPI LTD on the number shown for more information