|Job Ref:||204612671||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxford||Address:||Post Code:||OX4||Salary:||£40000 - £41000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:00|
Purpose of role |
Manufacturing Engineers work as part of a team to design, install, monitor and develop all systems affecting the manufacturing cycle of a product, for example manufacturing equipment and assembly lines. They may also be involved in the design and building of new manufacturing plants.
Main duties and responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer:
* Will as part of a local engineering team, provide direct engineering support to production in order to improve and sustain products/ processes at maximum possible efficiencies and quality levels.
* Continuously monitoring and improving performance against targeted KPI's & metrics, the manufacturing engineer shall investigate and resolve any non-conformance or efficiency issues that may occur, driving any engineering changes required as well as supporting assigned manufacturing projects.
* Be responsible for the definition, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing processes which are:
o Proven & validated
* Ensure NPI projects are transferred into production within a defined timeframe ensuring robust, repeatable processes:
o Process FMEA / Control Plans / Work Instructions / Accurate BOMS & meet project cost targets.
* Deliver operational process support and improvement activities for specific production cells, including:
o Production cell layout and process flow.
o Manufactured part quality and yield.
o Quality Control metrics for in-process (eg First Time Pass Rate).
o Reduce the manufactured part floor space needs to optimal levels.
o Technical support and problem solving capabilities to define root cause analysis of issues.
* Deliver continuous improvement actions and run improvement workshops. Based on delivery of Strategic and tactical objectives.
o Produce monthly reports on metrics, monitoring and trending to identify & justify improvement areas.
* Maintain the Parts Master Creation database, BOM and configuration.
Manufacturing Engineers are responsible for leading the engineering linked to production operations and plant through all stages of the product life-cycle working closely with production and quality, which will include:
* The design of plant and processes which are compliant to health and safety regulations and best practices.
* Designing plant layout with computer software.
* Designing, developing and installing production cell control systems.
* Ensuring that cell capacity is defined to meet production forecasts and variants.
* Calculating production costs which should include equipment, time and labour.
* Producing preventative maintenance schedules for production cells.
* Training of production staff on new product manufacture and also new methods.
* Generating technical specifications to allow purchasing to source manufacturing plant and tooling.
* Testing, monitoring and evaluating electro-mechanical aspects of production cells.
* Establishing manufacturing systems and processes are in place to allow flawless manufacturing of new products.
* Establishing / maintaining a quality culture within the manufacturing environment.
* Implementing manufacturing engineering best practises.
* Ensuring that Process Failure mode & Effects Analysis is in place for existing and new products (before launch)
* Ensuring that process work instructions are in place prior to new product launch (retrospective for current).
* Ensure that control plans are in place for all processes in conjunction with Quality Engineering.
* Bill of Materials are in place and have been validated as correct for new and existing products.
* Deliver Poke Yoke (Error proofing) solutions for manual work content.
Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.
Working level experience of the following with minimum of three years experience:
* Process FMEA (pFMEA) and Control Plan creation
* Operator process / work instruction documents & planning.
* Problems solving tools (G8D / Ishikawa / 5W&1H / 'Is-Isnot' analysis).
* Lean tools & techniques
* Kaizen workshop leadership
* Six-sigma green belt.
* Qualified knowledge of electronics and PCB manufacture.
* Working experience of the following:
o Six sigma investigation & analysis
o Microsoft suite
o EFACS or similar ERP system
o Project Management
o Workgroup facilitation
o Six-Sigma black belt
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an organisation that are dominating their market place, with huge expansion plans, fantastic training and enviable retention of staff.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £40,000 - £41,000 (dependent on experience) and an industry leading benefits package.
To apply for the position of Manufacturing Engineer, please send your CV to Gabrielle Beaver via the 'apply now' button.
***PLEASE NOTE: Job interviews are being held over the next week***
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position