|Job Ref:||204612502||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nelson||Address:||Post Code:||BB9||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:58|
Title: Production Manager - Jigging & Anodising|
Location: Burnley Area
Purpose of Role:
* To lead, manage and drive assigned product streams to contribute to overall performance and objectives of Production Manufacturing in line with business objectives.
* Provide clear leadership and direction to achieve outstanding quality, customer focus, costs and service levels.
* To seek continuous operational improvements that deliver excellence in safety, quality, delivery and cost in conjunction with relevant key stakeholders.
* To lead on Health & Safety and environmental matters affecting manufacturing operations in conjunction with Head of HSE Department and Group Directives.
1 Support the overall Manufacturing strategy and develop production plans to meet future business needs and customer requirements.
2 Drive the Operation in the assigned product streams to meet and improve performance against key metrics in compliance to all quality, statutory, regulatory and Good Manufacturing Practices.
3 Utilise outputs from Sales and Operational Planning (S&OP) Process, in collaboration with colleagues from across the business.
4 Provide leadership and guidance for the teams creating a high performance culture and team, enable a high performing group by coaching and mentoring direct reports to deliver Production plans and targets, to meet with IAC HR policies, procedures and People management principles aligned to Core Values, Health & Safety and Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
5 Control functional budgets and resources within agreed parameters.
6 Deliver Production plans within remit on time and in full (OTIF) to agreed customer service, quality levels and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and costs.
7 Deliver production manufacturing input for all projects, allocating appropriately skilled resources to enable the development of future capability for new capacity/products.
8 Proactive implementation, adherence and monitoring of Health and Safety, legislative and regulatory requirements to protect staff well-being and satisfy compliance, whilst safeguarding the business and the environment.
9 Deliver to agreed targets, prepare and submit operating reports to demonstrate area production status against agreed process parameters, outputs, and quality, value and service targets.
Direct Reports: 6 - 8 over 3 shift pattern
Indirect Reports: 75 - 80 over 3 shift pattern
* Member of the Management Team.
* Required to make decisions within remit, refers organisation change decisions to General Manager, in business critical scenarios makes cost/solution decisions based on level of competence and experience in order to ensure continued running of IAC Manufacturing operations.
* Business Objectives are cascaded by General Manager; Functional objectives are proposed by Job Holder and agreed with Manager. Operates largely autonomously.
* Role holder is expected to form collaborative relationships with other managers and functions to facilitate cross-functional learning, and to drive lean manufacturing and Continuous Improvement in Manufacturing Operations.
* Role holder is expected to share their passion for encouraging highly motivated employees to work to schedule, targets and strict lead times. Your coaching, mentoring and development of processes and staffing will include problem solving, 5s and continuous improvement. You will ensure that your team is motivated and trained to the correct level using clearly defined KPI's and manage any training concerns, ensuring that individuals have the correct support to enable them to complete their roles effectively.
1 Proven track record of leading lean, high performing teams over multiple shift patterns.
2 Proven people/line management experience gained within a production/operational environment. You should be a strong people manager able to motivate, encourage, troubleshoot, empower and organise within a shop floor environment, working with an existing team of long term, experienced work force.
3 Energy and determination to deliver commonly agreed objectives with the tenacity to see them through to completion.
4 Passion, enthusiasm & drive to take the product stream(s) forward at pace.
5 Highly numerate with demonstrable analytical skills & analytical in approach to problem solving.
6 Trained in a recognised, structured problem solving methodology, e.g. 8D, and lean.
7 Able to comply to FMCG Batch Integrity / Batch orientated fast moving environment
8 Computer literate i.e. Microsoft Office.
1 Recognised Management qualification.
2 Educated to degree level and/or a relevant technical qualification.
3 Project management experience.
4 Pharmaceutical or Medical Devices industry experience.
5 Metal Finishing experience - hot sulphuric anodising process.
6 Six Sigma (ideally green/black belt).
For more information please contact Nick Ford on NA,