|Job Ref:||204612487||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Post Code:||CF10||Salary:||£28000 - £32000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:58|
DESIGN ENGINEER - PRODUCT SUPPORT |
Precision Engineered Industrial Products
Competitive Base + Benefits - Cardiff
Boasting a history spanning well over a hundred years and a turnover in excess of £150 million, this global market leader is recognised for delivering technical solutions to OEM's, end-users and appointed distributor channels.
The company manufacture critical components for power transmission equipment used in drivetrain applications within Oil & Gas, Mineral Extraction, Mass Transit, Marine Propulsion and Metal Processing Sectors.
• Responsible for effective DFM of both low value standard and higher value modified or bespoke items and drive back through external and internal functions.
• Provide support to the Lead Engineer from a design perspective in response to customer applications and specifications.
• Contribute an expertise in FEA with specific regard to stress and sheer calculations for industrial torque products.
• Should demonstrate a successful record of product design and development with the interpersonal skills to enhance inter-departmental communications.
• Conversant with ProE CAD software package (Creo 2.0 an added advantage) and able to assimilate technical complexities and present feasible solutions.
• Welcome the prospect of working within a team supporting best practice culture, whilst striving for notable customer service levels.
In the first instance please submit cv including current salary quoting Ref: JRP/DE-PS/062