|Job Ref:||204612441||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£35000 - £55000/annum competitive beneifts||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:58|
With your strong technical focus in algorithm development/design, you have the opportunity to become key member of a dynamic team working on a fast-moving and challenging projects. Working within a cutting-edge, world-leading defence organisation you have the opportunity to be involved in concept definition and development, developing your skills, whilst receiving training and excellent benefits.|
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Algorithm Developer/Image Processing Engineer/Signal Processing Engineer, available in Bristol.
We are looking for individuals, to focus on algorithm development. You will be responsible for development of specific algorithms or studies to support a key defence programmes, with activities including concept studies, algorithm design and trade-off studies, trials preparation, trials analysis and reporting, architecture definition, algorithm and model validation. An ability to work autonomously, as well as acting as a point of contact other project teams is key. This would be a fantastic opportunity for a PhD Graduate, looking for a route into industry.
Please see below for further details, and how to apply.
Successful candidates will have/be:
* Ideally an appropriate Degree or Masters with a strong mathematical content e.g. Aerospace Engineering, Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics
* Relevant experience of applicable algorithms i.e. Guidance, Homing, Control, Data Fusion, Navigation, Image Processing, Computer Vision, Autopilot, Controls, Actuation Systems, Satellites, GPS
* Experience in MathWorks products - specifically Simulink, Embedded MATLAB and Stateflow
* Proven experience in all phases of the engineering life cycle
* The ability to visualize and analyse complex systems
* Good verbal, presentation and written communication skills
* Practical knowledge of basic systems engineering principles and processes
Ideally will have knowledge and experience of the following:
* Flight dynamics and aerodynamics
* Sensors (e.g. IMUs, GPS, RF and IR seekers)
* Actuation systems in relation to autopilot design and servo control.
* C, FORTRAN and Ada
Title: Algorithm Developer/Image Processing Engineer
Pay Range & Bens: £35-55k as a guide, DOE + competitive benefits
Key Words: Algorithm, Image Processing, Signal Processing, Satellites, Aerospace, Control Engineer, Navigation, Actuation, Simulink, Matlab, Stateflow, Dimensions, Fortran, DOORS, Flight Dynamics, Autopilot, Computer Vision, Control Systems, Guidance, Propulsion Control, Mathematical Modelling, Mathematical Modeller, Defence
If you are a good match then please apply with a CV to learn more about this truly fantastic opportunity to work for a market leader who has an enviable reputation, who offer extensive development opportunities and the chance to work with state of the art engineering tools.
Please Note: Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level. Flexibility for some travel (both UK and internationally) will be required within the role.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time. Services advertised by Electus Recruitment Solutions are those of an Agency (perm). This role is a permanent position.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy