|Job Ref:||204612423||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Lyneham||Address:||Post Code:||SN15||Salary:||£30000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:24|
Demob Job Reference: J2634|
Job Title: Instructor/Maintainer (Comms/Optronics in Med & Dent)
Location: Lyneham, Wiltshire
Our client is one of the UK's leading support services companies, They deliver many key services including, training, design, build, manage, operate and maintaining assets, Dealing with companies both in the UK and overseas, Supplying customers in a wide variety of industry sectors including, Defence, Marine, Naval, MoD, Nuclear, Communications, Energy and Transportation. They now require an Instructor/Maintainer. Based in Lyneham, Wiltshire, You will be responsible to deliver engineering courses primarily to military students.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. British Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force and held a similar Engineering training role.
- To prepare and deliver instruction on course modules in the Communication and Optronics Department in support of the DCTT EMTC training contract including Lesson plans, training aids, précis and student hand outs.
- To prepare relevant training material, if necessary involving Media and Graphics Department input to provide relevant Communication and Optronics Instructional Training and maintain personal CPD portfolio in respect of new technologies and equipment ensuring that lesson plans are training sessions are developed in accordance of the approved Course Training Plans (CTP).
- Maintain personal CPD portfolio in respect of new technologies and equipment ensuring that lesson plans and training sessions are developed in accordance of the approved syllabi. Review course content to ensure it is current and evolves to support equipment advances and technologies using most appropriate training aids.
- Assessment of trainees to include: Creation of written examination and progress test papers, Creation of practical assessment/examination scenario and continuous assessments. Marking of examination papers, Setting and marking of course and homework, invigilation of examination and assessments.
- Ensuring student development through monitoring, feedback appraisal, discipline and training interventions, ensuring all supporting documentation is maintained and that any special student developmental needs or training delays are flagged to the Lead Trainer (LT). Delivery of remedial training and revision as necessary.
- Student administration including course reports and student training records. Attending Course Debriefs as required by the LT.
- Maintenance of technical literature, training equipment, training aids
- Responsibility within the Communication and Optronics training areas for cleanliness, security, HSW, COSHH and environmental and engineering hygiene and ensuring that all students are fully aware of these requirements.
- Supervision of Students and Visitors to ensure full compliance with relevant H&SE & PPE requirements as required by the business, the Authority and as relevant to the equipment training department, ensuring risks are adequately assessed and minimised. Ensures that the correct equipment is used for each task.
- To ensure that DSEME Standing Orders, and company Quality Management System (QMS) procedures, are understood and implemented in the course of carrying out any work tasks.
- Participation in presentations to agencies and visitors.
- BSC Level 1 Working Safely.
- Either BSC Level 2 Supervising Staff Safely OR IOSH Managing Safely.
- Minimum BTEC Level 3, or Ordinary National Certificate (ONC) in the appropriate technical discipline (Electronic and Electrical) and NVQ Level 3 in Engineering Maintenance of Electronic & Electrical systems.
- Equivalent military qualifications, gained as Class1 REME Electronic Technician or similar RN/RAF trade.
- Supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a relevant working environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook packages (Computer literate).
- Knowledge of military environment and equipment.
- Knowledge of the REME trade Structure and operational requirements. Especially relevant to the Communication and Optronics Department.
- £30,000 annual salary.
- Monday - Friday, 37 hours per week.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Company pension scheme.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.
- All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK, subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS, security clearance and 5 years employment reference checks