|Job Ref:||204612416||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wyboston||Address:||Post Code:||MK44||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:58|
2 PROJECT ENGINEERS - One Permanent role and one 6 month Contract|
Due to the continued growth in business, our Client is looking for two additional Project Engineers for their Head Office in Wyboston, Bedfordshire.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a long established international market leader in Indoor Climate solutions. The Group has close to 2,200 employees in over 30 countries and successfully works with clients across a number of sectors including pharmaceuticals, food, electronics and agriculture along with offices and other commercial premises.
The role will also involve travelling to customer sites across the country, with the possibility too of some international travel. They truly have the scope to keep you fully occupied in a global organisation, with the strong possibility of a full-time role in the New Year at the end of a rolling contract period. You have every opportunity to prove yourself in this small, busy and efficient team.
A solid background and/or qualification in either Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is essential, preferable with experience from the HVAC sector. You may be relatively new to project management, but if you have a hunger to learn, a desire to prove yourself and the commitment to make a difference, then this could be your role.
We will make a commitment to you to develop you into the job and provide full back up and support in this busy and crucial role.
Key activities will require that you:
• Maintain communication with customers, colleagues and other contractors, and keep them informed of project timescales
• Assist the compilation of commissioning packs for the service team
• Create and enforce terms and conditions on sub-contractors
• Manage sub-contractors including Health and safety and CDM where required
• Provide direct technical support to customers and colleagues
• Conduct activities in accordance with company health and safety and ensure that QA standards are adhered to
• Receive and notify line Manager of any customer complaints
• Ensure work is in accordance with ISO 9001
• Attend progress meetings with customers
• Advise line Manager of any training needs
• Encourage & develop new ideas and report to line Manager
• Maintain professional integrity at all times
• Highlight problems, or potential problems to your line Manager in a timely fashion prior to making any customer aware
• Highlight deviations from cost sheet greater than 5% to Engineering Manager
• Enable smooth and professional project handovers
• Help manage approved suppliers and contractors
• Maintaining good customer relationships
• Warranty procedures for systems and local purchases
• Work to clear, timely objectives and goals
• Assist in prioritising and coordinating daily engineering & project handling activity
• Carry out other duties as directed by the Operations Manager
• Computer skills (word, excel, access, lotus notes, Mebs), Application software
• Knowledge of the HVAC industry
• Knowledge of contract management including terms and conditions
• Health & Safety
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Good Communicator
• Highly organised
• Data input / keyboard skills
• Ability to work under own initiative
• Able to prioritise workload
• Good mechanical and electrical understanding/experience
If this sounds like you, please submit your CV to Karen Loring from GenesisOne HR or call her for an informal chat on (Apply online only).
Interviews take place in September 2016