|Job Ref:||204612398||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Berkshire||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£22000 - £26000/annum bonus + overtime + car + benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:58|
As field-based Service Technician, you will be responsible for installations, repair, corrective maintenance and calibration of laboratory balances and industrial scales across London, Sussex, Kent, Surrey, Berkshire, Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire, Bedfordshire, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire. |
Working as a key member of the Field Technician Team involved in the installation, maintenance and calibration of laboratory balances and industrial scales, duties will include:
* Provide comprehensive maintenance and calibration for the company's laboratory balances and industrial scales across London, Sussex, Kent, Surrey, Berkshire, Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire, Bedfordshire, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire
* Provide telephone assistance and field visits where and when required throughout the assigned region and when required throughout Southern UK
* Instrument installations for new accounts, upgrades, demonstrations, evaluations and basic customer training
* Preventive maintenance visits and calibration coverage
* Complete and maintain all administration and documentation in allotted time, to ensure smooth data processing
The company focuses on innovative products for research, drug discovery, and quality control laboratories, as well as selling quality systems to pharmaceutical, chemical and food manufacturing industries. The company actively promotes from within and provides outstanding ongoing training so there are genuine opportunities to progress your career once you've proven yourself.
In order to apply you should meet all or most of the following criteria:
* Qualification in electrical or electronic engineering or able to demonstrate a similar level of knowledge and skill gained by practical experience with laboratory balances or industrial weighing systems.
* Service experience of laboratory balances or industrial weighing systems would be a distinct advantage.
* The capacity to take responsibility for the complete installation and calibration of laboratory balances or industrial weighing systems and to instruct users in its basic operation
* Ability to diagnose causes of malfunction and to actively resolve customers' service problems
* A current driving licence valid in the UK
* Basic salary of £22-26,000, depending on experience, with a bonus plus overtime
* Company car
* Benefits include: pension, private healthcare, meal allowance, 25 days holiday
* Personal development plan with regular product and skills training
* Genuine opportunity for career development
Field Service Engineer, Service Engineer, Service Technician, Laboratory Balances, Industrial Weighing Systems, Checkweighers, London, Sussex, Kent, Surrey, Berkshire, Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire, Bedfordshire, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire