|Job Ref:||204611592||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£37000 - £42000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:58|
Project Manager/ Contracts Manager|
To deliver multiple MCC, LV switchboard, PLC and SCADA projects in a fast moving environment to both time and cost.
Project Management Responsibilities
• To manage multiple projects from sales handover to completion.
• To develop project programmes and quality plan.
• To rework programme plans to suit changing requirements.
• To review deliverables prepared by engineering staff prior to passing to client.
• To identify the need for and to implement mitigation measures where needed.
• To minimise exposure and risk on project.
• To develop strong customer relationships.
• To liaise with the customer to solve issues, technical challenges and cost challenges.
• To produce regular reports on project status and report to senior management.
• To work with the wider team in engineering and production to ensure smooth delivery of projects.
• To work under and produce CDM 2015 deliverables both as a subcontractor and principal contractor.
• To work under and ensure projects comply with the quality policy.
• To work under and ensure projects comply with the health and safety policy and the associated legislation.
• To work under and ensure projects comply with the environmental policy and the associated legislation.
• To account for final outturn costs.
• To mitigate cost overruns.
• To identify additional work and submit variation requests.
• To schedule and if necessary submit applications for payment and invoices.
• To determine appropriate revenue recognition for accounting purposes.
Commercial/ Contractual Responsibilities
• To work under different project dependant forms of contract.
• To be able to understand different forms of contact and be able to administer accordingly.
• To resolve commercial issues under the contract and/ or through negotiation.
• To attend final account meetings and negotiate/ agree final account values.
• To arrange deliveries and site installation.
• To arrange and coordinate site resources.
• To complete and submit Method Statements and Risk Assessments for site work.
• To review site reports and site diaries and identify work additional to contract.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
• Organisational skills.
• Analytical skills.
• Well developed interpersonal skills.
• Numeracy skills.
• Commercial awareness.
• Communication skills.
• Teamworking skills.
• Ability to motivate people.
• Management and leadership skills.
• Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office including Microsoft Project.
• Working knowledge of forms of contract including NEC3 and IChemE