|Job Ref:||204611494||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dudley||Address:||Post Code:||NE23||Salary:||£23000 - £27000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:11|
Job Title: - 3D CAD Technician|
Salary dependant on experience, to be negotiated
Using Autodesk Advance Steel 2016, you will be required to produce 3D models and 2D general
arrangement and fabrication drawings. The job-holder is responsible for managing their individual job
items to ensure that our products are delivered on time, and installed to the required standards within
budget, whilst maximising client satisfaction. You will be required to work alongside individual Project
management teams, to ensure all H&S legislation is adhered to.
Directors/ Drawing office manager / Contracts and production departments.
Short-term Planning and Monitoring:
• Agree job programmes with the management team and monitor progress. Communicate
programme and subsequent changes to all affected parties. Intervene and agree action plans to
recover delays where possible.
• Ensure timely request for and delivery of all information that is on the programme critical path.
• Identify variations to contract that will impact on the programme.
• Liaise with the management team and ensure jobs are issued on time to meet deadlines.
• Liaise with specialist suppliers to ensure all projects can be carried out in the most cost effective
and safest way.
• Ensure enquiries are sent to sub-contractors and suppliers so that orders can be placed on time to
• Ensure all models have full manufacturing data which complies to design intent and structural
requirements to assist the production department.
• Liaise with the sales department to ensure variations are identified.
• Ability to raise any value engineering suggestions.
Client Relations & Liaison:
• Ability to attend design meetings with the Clients design team.
Health & Safety Compliance:
• Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations, including the company H & S Policy, to
minimise the likelihood of accidents / non-compliance and the resulting fines and compensation
• Carry out such other duties as are consistent with the completion of contracts or for attainment of
the goals of the business.
• Relevant experience within architectural metalwork - Minimum 5 years.
• Competent in 3D modelling using Autodesk Advance Steel.
• Ability to produce general arrangement, fabrication and detailed drawings of bespoke staircases, structural glass balustrades and many other individual requirements.
• Undertake site surveys
• Experience of working in a busy design office.
• Practical and problem solving Knowledge
• Health and safety qualification - CSCS Card
• Enthusiastic and committed attitude
• IT literate using word / excel
• Clean driving licence