|Job Ref:||204615100||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Suffolk||City:||Suffolk||Address:||Post Code:||IP15||Salary:||£40000 - £47000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:27|
Our client based in Suffolk are looking for an experienced Site Manager with experience working with aggregate industry. |
- To ensure (by appropriate supervision between 06:00 and 22:00 Mon to Fri and a shift on some Saturdays), the health, safety and welfare of employees, contractors and visitors whilst they are within the buildings or on associated areas, ensuring that the site is operated in a safe and legal manner in full compliance with Statutory Requirements, Permits and the Carbon8 Management System.
- Ensure regular meetings take place with employees to encourage feedback and to share new ideas in a consistent way, developing the company assets (both people and plant) to continually improve performance. Ensuring a high level of motivation and morale is maintained and individual potential is encouraged and developed, setting challenging targets without detriment to product quality.
- Hands-on guidance and leadership, to assist the teams with both preventative and reactive maintenance requirements associated with the plant and equipment, including review and development of further maintenance plans, by determining the most effective strategies for each element of the facility.
- Flexible to cover staff shortages and call outs to deal with facility and operational problems, including internal and external customers, and remaining contactable out of hours.
- To assist in setting and delivering the (agreed) budget including, process/production volumes, and all site operational costs, whilst fully embracing the Management Systems, alongside cost-benefit analysis of plant modifications to improve reliability, efficiency, productivity and capability.
- Responsibility for staff structure, recruitment and disciplinary issues, taking advice from the National Operations Manager and recommending change where appropriate with supporting evidence and cost/benefit analysis.
- Meticulous planning, contingency planning and attention to detail, in particular related to vehicle movements, storage capacity, and throughput of key products and materials.
- Maintain and develop Site procedures within the Management System, including responsibility for ensuring the continued accreditation of the system to the relevant external standard, and ensuring that all policies and procedures are developed, complied with and applied in a fair and consistent way.
- To ensure the site is maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
- Liaison with the Environment Agency, Local Authorities and Local Community in a professional manner to ensure the best interests and reputation are preserved and enhanced.
Key Skills / Experience Essential
- Certification to IOSH/NEBOSH or equivalent standard with a minimum 7 years' experience in managing health and safety in a production environment.
- Considerable, successful experience within a senior managerial role as a motivational leader, with the ability to train and develop individual team members.
- Experience of plant and heavy machinery operations and maintenance within a demanding production environment, ideally within the aggregates or concrete products production industry.
- Ability to change systems and processes within a growing business, and adapt schedules and routines as experience is gained in areas such as plant reliability.
- Willingness to be innovative, work under own initiative, with strong organisational skills, being able to plan, prioritise and organise various tasks at the same time.
- Must have a flexible approach to work and be contactable out of hours.
- Strong communication and people skills are essential, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and verbally, across a range of levels.
- Must demonstrate deductive reasoning, analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of waste industry / environmental legislation, with COTC qualification for Waste.
- Hold appropriate mobile plant operating certificates, and safety training certificates, such as confined space working, face fit, permit to work.
If you are interested, please send your CV to Kieran