|Job Ref:||204614969||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Romford||Address:||Post Code:||RM1||Salary:||£35 - £40/hour||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:26|
I am currently recruiting for a Project Manager to work with a Tier 1 contractor on their Crossrail Anglia project based in Romford, Essex. You will be specifically responsible for delivering the Stepping & Gauging works which includes platform modification and construction across 13 stations, from Stratford to Shenfield.|
* Manage, supervise, train and mentor the site team to enable them to optimise their work contribution.
* Review contractual agreements and develop working methods, programme and forecast costs with the Client, Contracts Manager and Specialist / Suppliers identifying any inaccuracies or inconsistencies.
* Develop programmes and forecast budgets, assess actual programme and productivity achieved and review weekly, taking action where appropriate, and reporting any changes to the Contracts Manager and Commercial department.
* Be fully conversant with specialists' contract conditions.
* Positively manage the programme to ensure the appropriate specialists provide the level of resources with the necessary skills so as not to impede the construction programme.
* Communicate with the site team and the commercial team's issues of non-conformances and contractual correspondence. Ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
* Ensure that inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works are reviewed, approved and adhered to.
* Supervising responsibility for site teams; liaison with internal and external stakeholders
* Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering, ideally CEng MICE.
* Experience delivering rail/civils engineering schemes within an operational Rail environment (platform extensions, station modification etc)
* Strong client-facing skills
* Thorough understanding of Engineering Principles
* Knowledge and Understanding of construction contract law and forms of contract through experience and formal training (NEC /NR forms of contract)
* Extensive technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
* Relevant CSCS Card
* Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management
The successful candidate will not only benefit form working for this excellent contractor but will also benefit from working with Carmichael UK. We pay weekly, offer support with CSCS, and have a competitive referral scheme and retail discounts on our Hummingbird website.
Please apply now if you are interested