|Job Ref:||204614739||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Worcestershire||City:||Worcester||Address:||Post Code:||WR1||Salary:||£27000 - £33000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:01|
Job Title: Highways Design Engineer|
Salary: £27K - £33K
We are a civil and structural engineering consultancy based in one of the most attractive & historic parts of the country. Due to our increase workload, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Highway Engineer to join our team.
We have a working environment that will allow you to truly develop your skills by participating in all stages of a project, lead design projects, and manage staff & suppliers. We operates an ICE Training Agreement scheme and will support you in your ambition to become Chartered or Incorporated providing relevant training and payment of membership fees to a single institution.
Our involvement in projects range through conceptual, pre-planning, detailed design and construction stages.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience of the following:
1. Degree in Civil Engineering, although candidates with an HNC or HND in Civil Engineering and/or extensive experience will also be considered
Detailed design of infrastructure works, including highways, drainage and earthwork elements
2. Achieving adoption of the works in accordance with the Highway Act
3. Specification for Highway Works and Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
4. 3D Ground modelling using industry standard software
5. Thorough knowledge and use of AutoCAD, PDS and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D
6. Liaison with clients and suppliers
7. Good communicator and an ability to solve complex problems with a high degree of technical independence.
8. Experience of the preparation of MX, Key Terrafirma or similar design applications,
9. Keysoft, KeyLines & KeySigns, AutoTRACK and TEDDS these would be beneficial.
What do you do now?
For more information on this role, please contact David So on (Apply online only) or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn