|Job Ref:||204614734||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Godalming||Address:||Post Code:||GU7||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:26|
Job title: Senior Geotechnical Design Engineer|
Salary: £35K - £40K
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Well, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join the team at our busy office in Surrey. We are an award-winning consultancy with several offices in the UK providing innovative ground solutions.
1. Competent in piling, piled walls, foundation and retaining wall design, temporary works, soil nails, ground anchors and the planning, implementation and interpretation of site investigations.
2. Experience in delivering detailed design engineering solutions, drawings and specifications in slope stability, earthworks, basements, deep excavations and retaining structures.
3. Able to work in collaboration with other engineering disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design.
4. Knowledge of geo-environmental engineering and its interaction with geotechnical design
5. Excellent report writing skills
6. You will be expected to combine site work with the challenge of design work
7. Project Management
8. Ability to communicate effectively with clients and gain a good understanding of their sector to foster effective and enduring relationships.
9. Ability to manage a challenging workload.
10. A team player with a mature approach including first class inter-personal skills.
The Ideal Candidate:
1. A degree (minimum 2:1) in civil engineering.
2. Relevant experience of working on geotechnical projects in the UK.
3. Working towards a Chartered Member of the Institute of Civil Engineers or appropriate professional body.
What do you do now?
For more information on this role, please contact David So on (Apply online only) or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn